Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

FPB testing soon

Old 08-05-2008, 01:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default FPB testing soon

I'm planning on trying out the FPB's soon. I've been having trouble finding them in the Albuquerque area. Walmart finally got some in but at almost $19 I'm having a hard time getting myself to pick up any from there. I did find a shop in, of all places, Mass. that is picking some up for me this week from his supplier for $14.10 per pack, I ordered 2 packs and he said he would get an extra 2 packs just in case. I will be back up there this weekend and will pick them up on Monday. I won't be able to try them out until the following week when I get back home. I am hopping to go to the range the end of this week and wish I had some to try so I may choke down the price and get some at Walmart. I've checked with Sportsmans Warehouse and they didn't even know what I was talking about when I asked about them.
Old 08-05-2008, 02:05 PM

Default RE: FPB testing soon

i'll have some in by thursday/friday. Plan on testing them right off the bat at 50 yards with 100gr RS.
Old 08-05-2008, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: FPB testing soon

FG,

If I wasn't leaving town again on Saturday I'd drive up and go shooting with you on Friday. I guess I'll stay closer to home and shoot here instead and save some gasoline. Good luck in you testing.