Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

All Camo Omega

Old 08-04-2008, 09:20 PM
Fork Horn

Default All Camo Omega

Wondering if anyone has the full camo omega with/without the thumbhole stock. I was thinking about picking one up, but wanted to get some opinions from you all first. I feel like the answers that I get on here will be a little more honest than a salesman Cab's or BP.
I like the way that the thumbhole omega feels, I'm more concerned about the camo finish and how it holds up.

My ?'s:

Is it possible for the camo finish to chip/peel.
Do you oil the outside of the barrel?
Canthe barrelrust?
Is it overall any harder to clean than a blued orstainless barrel?
Overall, how do you like it?

Thanks in advance everyone --Mike

Old 08-05-2008, 06:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: All Camo Omega

i am in a similar boat
icame down to the omega and triumph. i choose the triumph for the speed breech the break open action.
I was going to go with camo but walmart has the all black same gun just black for 150 dollars cheaper then what i found for the camo.
i think it hold up good if you take care of it. I had a 500 used was like 5 years old when i bought it and it need not have one issue with the camo.

I also like the thumbhole stocks on the omega. i do not like the lam. stocks expecly for hunting.
I think if you take good care of the camo it Will last as long if not longer then the stainless or blue.
Also i have seen many a stainless barrels rust. stainless is not rust proof just not as likely to rust as reg steel.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:19 PM

Ive got the all camo thumbhole Omega.. I love it, I havent chipped the camo anywhere yet, but Im sure it could happen, I havent had any rust on mine, and dont think it will as long as the camo is still on it. I dont put anything on my camo,, I just wipe it off when I clean it and its fine. I always coat teh inside of the barrel after cleaning, because Im sure the inside will rust if not cared for. I had a really hard time finding one,, I went to several gun shops and had them try to order it, along with Bass Pro, and all of them told me "They dont make an all camo Omega,, you can get camo with stainless barrel" I finally found them at Cabelas,, after a couple months of looking they are the only place I have ever found one. Maybe it is a special gun made for Cabelas,, but no one else could even order one. Good luck, youll love it.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

had the same proplem with the triumph there is a guy on here named kerry who works at scottsoutdoors 800-289-4953 WWW.scottsoutdoors.com
they had the all camo triumph i am sure he could help you out. he also had the best price i could find anywhere.
his online name is bigbulls
ORIGINAL: Angus74

Ive got the all camo thumbhole Omega.. I love it, I havent chipped the camo anywhere yet, but Im sure it could happen, I havent had any rust on mine, and dont think it will as long as the camo is still on it. I dont put anything on my camo,, I just wipe it off when I clean it and its fine. I always coat teh inside of the barrel after cleaning, because Im sure the inside will rust if not cared for. I had a really hard time finding one,, I went to several gun shops and had them try to order it, along with Bass Pro, and all of them told me "They dont make an all camo Omega,, you can get camo with stainless barrel" I finally found them at Cabelas,, after a couple months of looking they are the only place I have ever found one. Maybe it is a special gun made for Cabelas,, but no one else could even order one. Good luck, youll love it.