Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Amazing T/C shot

Old 07-28-2008, 08:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default Amazing T/C shot

Like I've said in another post, my Pro Hunt with the new Endevor barrel loves the combo I'm shooting. Pretty simple really, a Barnes 250 gr TMZ sabot bullet charged with 150 grains of 777 pellets. I've had this gun dialed in for some time and muzzleloader hunting is all I do. Went to help a friend out at my range with his T/C Triumph which is not impressing me, and decided to show him what a muzzleloader was supposed to shoot like.

Heres what I did, cold bore. Snapped a cap to foul the barrel and with my 225 reticle in my Nikon Omega scope held dead-on at 250 yards, center punched the bulls-eye, waited 20 minutes and with a clean barrel took my second shot andhalf mooned the first hole. Cleaned it and socked it up. This is an awesome gun that T/C has built. Granted, I shoot for T/C and am on there pro staff, but even if not, I love this weapon.

I have pictures of the target and will post them after I do some terminal testing and energy tests to get the power fact on this load.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:03 PM

Default RE: Amazing T/C shot

Hey if you have your hand in TC's pocket, Tell them to make some open sights that are worth a damn! Mine dont offer enough adjustment and i dont feel that i have to pay $50 for aftermarket sights!
Old 07-28-2008, 09:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well, I like the TC sights on my .50 Renegade barrel. Would gladly swap the Williams fiber optic sights on the.45 GM barrel I bought for the Renegade for a set of TC sights.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:14 PM

the optics are great, its just that it shoots 8-9" high @ 50 yards and i am out of adjustment. It sucks when you pay the price and they tell you that they cant help u with the sights.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:01 AM
Fork Horn

I Colorado and in the past in Kansas we haveto shoot open sights for the muzzleloader seasons. I've had that same problem also with not enough adjustmwnts in the rear sight to cover short range. Since open sights usually limits your range I first fixed the problem by shooting a much heavier bullet and a medium charge to get the bullet in my sight picture. After we started stretching our open sight shoots out near 200 yards we switched to the E Aruther Brown peep sight and fine front blade to give better precision shooting and more adjustment to cover the lighter, flatter rounds and higher powder charges to stay flat at those distances. Like mentioned thought, there $50 to buy.

I think since most all state are allowing optics these day that there won't be much change in the iron sights on these modern guns. I'll sure pass along the request though.

Old 07-29-2008, 07:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Billy I am glad you are having good luck with your Encore. I had one and hope I never experience tht kind of grief again. I shoot sidelocks now and will never go back. I do have a NEF Sidekick tht shoots very well vor an inexpensive ML rifle. I also had a lot BS coming out of the customer support.

Now this is all with the Encore. I am a confirmed Contender user. I love those handguns, but wouldn't give a plug nickle for an Encore.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just had the same problem with my Knight but it was shooting 8" low at 50 yards. I sent them a request and a new sight is being shipped to me today. Great customer service!
Old 07-29-2008, 11:34 AM
Dominant Buck

Capt Billy, that is some amazing shooting. T/C are one of my favorite brands of rifle. Although I must state, I am more prone toa White Rifle. But then I do not have to shoot the kind of distances you do.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cayugad, the UltraMag takes a backseat to NO muzzleloader, IMHO. Capt. Billy, stop yer braggun and SHOW ME.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:29 PM
Fork Horn

What are the differences between the Endeavor barrel and the pro-hunter and the original Encore?

I have the original Encore and love that gun. I actually now own 2 since I just bought a 12 gauge turkey gun for a sweet deal through Cabela's!

Quick Reply: Amazing T/C shot

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.