Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Its getting near

Old 06-02-2008, 08:00 PM

Default Its getting near

Just thought about it today. Hunting season is only 3 months away! This year has been going by fast it seems. Clover and alfalfa are popping up in the field, Clover being the easiest to find so far. Be nice to see some deer in the front yard. Saw one down the road a little ways, scroungy little doe that looks like she could use a few meals. Still have to cut a trail from the north side of the property, all the way over a couple small hills thickly covered in what we call Oak brush and cedar/pinion trees.

Hopefully we'll be able to hunt our own property pretty soon and save a lot of $$$ on gas. Camp would only be a stone throw away too

Also have to put the ripper back on the ATV and take it out in the smaller fields out back. Grass is popping up like crazy and i've already found deer prints out there.

Time to put in an water hole back there. That really drags them in.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Its getting near

gee thanks, I have to work up a load for MY apex, if I want to take it out this year, got 4 or 5 for my knight,
Old 06-02-2008, 08:59 PM

You dont have to work anything up corey!

80g pyrodex select, 275g aerotip powerbelt. That sucker on my last 2 shots i had, put them right through eachother @ 71 yards.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:14 PM
Typical Buck

Gander
I've had the same thing on my mind lately. It will be here before we know it.
Trying to decide when to plant food plots. I also need to put out some new salt and mineral blocks.
Like a kid waitin for Christmas.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

about 8pm, I wished it was deer now. I was out ground hog hunting and jumped 2 deer, at the same place I shot one this last season.