Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

tc triumph

Old 05-21-2008, 06:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default tc triumph

well i had asked this question befoe but due to my computer crashing i lost all my date

i am wanting to start hunting with a ml this year
i plan to buy a tc triumph and a bdc scope and everything i need to shoot

any websites or stores you can tell me about to get a good deal i would love to know

also midway usa had a camo weather shield for 499 but one of you guys gave me a website that had it for like 429
Old 05-21-2008, 07:22 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: tc triumph

http://www.rrarms.com/catalog.php?action=1004&brand=TCTRI If a stainless steel is not the end of the world, and to me if you are only an occassional shooter a blued rifle will do the same, you might want to check the prices here. Any of them would serve you well I would guess.
Old 05-21-2008, 07:26 PM

Does the Weather Shield Triump have the coating Inside the barrel? That IMO would be the best place to have it.
Old 05-22-2008, 05:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

unsure i might make another call to tc and ask
ORIGINAL: frontier gander

Does the Weather Shield Triump have the coating Inside the barrel? That IMO would be the best place to have it.
Old 05-22-2008, 05:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

occassional hunter is not the word for it i plan to hunt atleast three or four days a week and i will be hunting every day of gun season with modern gun and ml it is about 5 week s i think
ORIGINAL: cayugad

http://www.rrarms.com/catalog.php?action=1004&brand=TCTRI If a stainless steel is not the end of the world, and to me if you are only an occassional shooter a blued rifle will do the same, you might want to check the prices here. Any of them would serve you well I would guess.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

The price has gone up since then and is proably going to take an other jump up in July.
http://www.grafs.com/fc/browse.php?page=4&p=3440&q=&v=&s=a z
Also weathershield is a plateing not stainless, I love stainless but avoid plateings. I bought a blue one and have had really unbelieveable results since I started using Black Horn 209,I have actually gotten some 1/2" groups on wind less days. Lee
Old 05-22-2008, 08:09 AM
Dominant Buck

Even with a schedule you have for hunting hard for several weeks, I still think the blued model would work just fine. My Black Diamond XR is blued and it looks as perfect as the day I bought it. While I really do like stainless barrels, there is still that beauty on a dark blue black barrel. And if Lee says they are shooters, I am sure they are.

Personally I looked at the Triumph and decided it was not the gun for me. But those that have purchased them sure seem to like them.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I read somewhere that the Weathershieldis only a plating, and that the bore is still blued, so you're really not gaining an advantage. I looked at the Triumph, and it's a really nice gun, but I did find the action to be a little awkward. It seemed to me to be opposite of how it should be, but then I have a Contender and figured it would work like that. I'm sure if you used it a lot, you would get used to it. Otherwise, a very nice gun.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

The combination of the new powder Black Horn 209 and the Triumph is very nice, using non-corrosive powder and no wiping between shots and what I have noticed most is all most all uncalled flyers have ceased to exist the used to spoil a group now and then. I have already planned my hunting season procedure, after practice I will pull the breach plug clean grease and replace the barrel will be left alone with a load of 110 gr BH and a Gold Dot 250 gr I get 2030 fps avg. which gives me 2.6 " high at 100 dead on at 150yds and 3.5 " low at 200yds. with me shooting good and wind less conditios I can hit a large grapefruit at 200 and that is not to bad for me. Lee
Old 05-22-2008, 10:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

with a load of 110 gr BH and a Gold Dot 250 gr I get 2030 fps avg. which gives me 2.6 " high at 100 dead on at 150yds and 3.5 " low at 200yds. with me shooting good and wind less conditios I can hit a large grapefruit at 200 and that is not to bad for me. Lee
Lee, 250's are on the small side for large grapefruit. I'd go with the 300's.

Quick Reply: tc triumph

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.