Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 WTB Hawkins style rifle >

WTB Hawkins style rifle

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

WTB Hawkins style rifle

Old 05-02-2008, 03:45 PM

Default WTB Hawkins style rifle

WTB Hawkins style rifle for my son's birthday
Old 05-02-2008, 04:02 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: WTB Hawkins style rifle

Well then you should check the auction sites, or if you want new then go many other online stores. Are you looking for a particular make of rifle like Lyman, Thompson Center, Traditions, etc... Do you want new or used. There are a lot of them out there. What kind of price range are you willing to go?
Old 05-02-2008, 04:29 PM

Good questions. Thisis my first time using a blogg or buying in an internetcommunity.
I would like to find a used hawkins in good shap witha steel/brass buck plate style.

I have never owned a muzzleloader and Clint and I were introduced to them when we attended a hunter's education course for him.

As for price range I am hoping for the nieghborhood of$100 - $350.
Old 05-02-2008, 05:28 PM
Typical Buck

http://www.muzzleloadingforum.com. check the above link
Old 05-02-2008, 05:48 PM

ORIGINAL: Larry3626

WTB Hawkins style rifle for my son's birthday
Here is one that will fill your bill perfectly.
http://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/pp-classifieds/showcat.php/cat/9

Cheers,
-al
Old 05-02-2008, 06:37 PM

Larry

you can look on here www.gunbroker.com I just bought another TC 54cal Renegade off there for $200
It is like brand new.

Ron
Old 05-02-2008, 10:09 PM

Thanks guys,
I like the Navy Arms Hawken Rifle in .50 Caliber from the muzzleloading forum.
AndI found aInvestarms Percussion Muzzleloader .50 CAL. on Guns America.
Does anyone if these are sound manufactures?
Old 05-02-2008, 10:18 PM
Dominant Buck

The Navy Arms I am not real sure of. I saw a Navy Arms inline once and to be honest, the way it was built I would not shoot it if the person gave it to me... Their traditional rifles might be fine though. As for the Investarms Inc rifles, they are the same people that make Lyman and Cabela's rifles. They are good quality, good shooters, and would be a better choice IMO.
Old 05-03-2008, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Larry3626

Good questions. Thisis my first time using a blogg or buying in an internetcommunity.
I would like to find a used hawkins in good shap witha steel/brass buck plate style.

I have never owned a muzzleloader and Clint and I were introduced to them when we attended a hunter's education course for him.

As for price range I am hoping for the nieghborhood of$100 - $350.
http://www.williamsgunsight.com/gunsights/813usedblkpowderguns.htmhas several in his price range. I have not bought from them yet, but several have and they have a good reputation, same folks that make the Williams open sight. Chap Gleason

PS. I prefer TC since they will fix a gun with no questions asked. I just sent a stock in that had a screw striped in the wedge pin and they replaced he whole stock and all the HW, so I recommend them. Others are good, but I don't think you can beat their warranty.

Old 05-03-2008, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have bought several shot guns, centerfire and one used muzzle loader from Williams gun sight. They have always been truthful and honest in my dealings with them.
They are also the only gun shop I have ever delt with that has given me a vetrans discount. 10% may not sound like a lot but with todays ecomeny and being on a more or less fixed income it helps.

Al

Quick Reply: WTB Hawkins style rifle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.