Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 another renegade...whoops >

another renegade...whoops

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

another renegade...whoops

Old 05-02-2008, 09:25 AM
Fork Horn

Default another renegade...whoops

I was out doing some field work a few days ago (probation officer) and stopped by a pawn shop where they had two t/c renegades for sale. both .50's, both percussion, one left handed with double trigger, one right handed with single trigger. I'm right handed and looked over the right handed one, but price was a little high, i didn't have my bore light, whatever the reason I left without it.

Stopped back in today, checked out the bore (decent,should improve with a good cleaning) but if not there's always green mtn. stock is in good shape, someone put a swivel stud in it for a sling (oh well). lock is in great shape. the guy was asking $295, I offered $100 and paid $115. No pictures yet because I am at work. What's worse is I rode my motorcycle today so it will have to sit here over the weekend.

.50 t/c renegade flint
.50 cva missouri rifle percussion
.50 traditions yukon
and now
.50 renegade percussion

Cory
still smokin'
Old 05-02-2008, 09:39 AM

Default RE: another renegade...whoops

Hows the Yukon shoot? That one has always interested me.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:48 AM
Dominant Buck

You made a great deal on that Renegade Hunter. The single trigger models are the Renegade Hunters. They normally have a great trigger and are good shooters. Good luck with the new rifle.
Old 05-02-2008, 10:55 AM
Fork Horn

FG-the Yukon is a real shooter, I have the 4x traditions scope that came as a combo mounted on it. I shoot 100 grains pyro rs with a 240 grain xtp. I make ragged holes at 50 yards, don't get the opportunity to shoot muchfurther where I hunt. I took one small buck with it last year here in VA. I fear it won't get used very much this year as I've leaned more toward the traditional route of ml'ers. I had the flint renegade last year, but was not very confident with it. I put in a lot of range time and that has changed.

Cayugad-good to see you back. Not sure if you saw my other post in the thread about your computer crapping out. I said since you are without a computer I may be able to catch up in posts, but I guess not. I was about to start a thread about how slow it's been on here lately, you seem to keep the threads alive. As for the renegade hunter, I'm real pleased with the deal and hope it shoots like my flintlock renegade.

I have my work cut out for me at the range. I need to shoot the Green Mtn LRH barrel, never did get to shoot the missouri rifle due to an obstructed nipple, and now this renegade to shoot. Will probably take one at a time, maybe two, so as not to have too many irons in the fire. I'll try to post some pics on Monday evening and will get a range report up as soon as I can.

Cory
Old 05-02-2008, 11:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

cory, where u at. I'm lefty. Check out the other and let me know the details (flint, perc,bore cond.)and how much he wants. Maybe I'll grab it. I could send you a check.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:48 AM
Fork Horn

bronko-just gave it a glance. .50 cal perc. double triggers. barrel was drilled and tapped for scope mounts and filled in with some kind of melted metal (looks horrible) The gun is in culpeper, va.just spoke to the shopkeeper, he's asking $200. I can take a look a little later today and let you know specifics.
Old 05-03-2008, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: coryj

bronko-just gave it a glance. .50 cal perc. double triggers. barrel was drilled and tapped for scope mounts and filled in with some kind of melted metal (looks horrible) The gun is in culpeper, va.just spoke to the shopkeeper, he's asking $200. I can take a look a little later today and let you know specifics.
$200 is a very good price for a percussion, especially with double set triggers. Usually they go for about 300 on GunBroker, where I bought mine. Will have to check out some other pawn shops near me, about 1 hour north of Culpeper. Chap Gleason
Old 05-03-2008, 09:44 AM
Fork Horn

Chap-Where are you located?