Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

BM3 update

Old 04-18-2008, 05:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default BM3 update

Got this update on BM3 - shipping powder now for "only" $59.95/lb [:'(]
The "Lightening" loads are no deal either.
Staying with T7 here.

Thank You for your patience![/align][/align]Maidstone, Vermont - Millennium Designed Muzzleloaders, Ltd. (MDM), the company that pioneered the development of the Break-Open-Action Inline-Muzzleloader is now offering preloaded, reusable speed loaders.

MDM has taken the field proven performance of Black Mag '3 Powder and conveniently packaged it for the hunter in mind. Add a bullet of your choice to the 5 waterproof Lightning Loads available in standard or magnum amounts of powder. Packaging designed to allow either ground or air shipment without adding any costly Hazmat charges to the consumer. The standard load is 100 grain blackpowder equivalent and retails for $9.95. The magnum load is 150 grain blackpowder equivalent and retails for $12.95.

"After extensive range shooting and field testing, I have found Black Mag '3 to be the cleanest burning, safest, reliable and easiest to clean blackpowder substitute on the market." - Al Raychard, Editor - Bear Hunting Magazine, Author - The Ultimate Guide to Blackpowder Hunting and Muzzleloading Afield Columnist - Muzzle Blasts Magazine (National Muzzleloading Association).

MDM continues to takes modern muzzleloading technology into the new Millennium.
[/align][/align]Also available on-line is the Black Mag '3 Powder.[/align][/align]Please visit our website for more information, and to place your order![/align][/align]John[/align]http://www.mdm-muzzleloaders.com[/align][/align][/align]
Old 04-18-2008, 07:10 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: BM3 update

WOW !!!!! You can buy 3 pounds of tripple seven for that !!!!
Old 04-18-2008, 07:31 AM
Dominant Buck

I hate to say this but with all the great powders on the market out there.. I think this company has priced themselves out of business. For that kind of money, even when Triple Se7en is at its most expensiveprice, I can get two pounds of it for their one pound. I just have no need to shoot a powder for that kind of per shotcost....
Old 04-18-2008, 07:57 AM
Fork Horn

59.95 a lb ? Wow. i have about a 1/2 lb. sitting on the shelf. Guess i better hang onto it for my retirement fund.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hazmat fee is included, but $40/lb is still out of line.

Steve
Old 04-18-2008, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Add three pounds to your cart and check the total price.
Old 04-18-2008, 12:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

I will stickwith Pyrodex and JSG.
Old 04-18-2008, 03:47 PM
Fork Horn

This makes T7 even that much more affordable not to mention pyrodex.
Old 04-18-2008, 04:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

Tenmilephenom

See! I totally agree - even with the advent of BH-209 with it's high price for 10 oz.( somebody put it this way $30.00 for a 1/2 pound).T7 really offers me no real problems. I do not get the serious "crud ring" in any gun and the way I take care of the bore corrosion is not a problem - not even after 3 mouths-- October to December

I am staying with T7 - although I hope a whole lot of other people switch which might reduce the price of T7 - but I can not even complain at that since I get here locally for $16.49 a jug...
Old 04-18-2008, 04:49 PM
Spike

staying with T7 too --new stuff is way overpriced!!!

Quick Reply: BM3 update

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.