Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 homemade shoot n see target pass on >

homemade shoot n see target pass on

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

homemade shoot n see target pass on

Old 04-11-2008, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default homemade shoot n see target pass on

I saw this and thought I would pass it along

http://www.levergunscommunity.com/viewtopic.php?t=5392
Old 04-11-2008, 09:39 PM

Default RE: homemade shoot n see target pass on

thats pretty simple to make. May have to try that when i run out of my current stock.

They dont do a whole lot of good when you dont have a scope or binos. I cant see the holes @ 70+ yards. 50 yards is ok but still not that clear.

Why the heck dont i ever bring my spotting scope when i go shooting?
Old 04-11-2008, 09:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

you going to use purple paper[8D]

wish I thought about that. the champion that I use are cheap but not as cheap as that. you can choose the size you want. I think that is pritty cool
Old 04-11-2008, 09:50 PM

Nah, Pink paper with flowers on it so it looks purdy.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

neon pinks
Old 04-12-2008, 11:35 AM

Great idea...I love shoot-n-see targets, but if I can makedecent ones for cheap forplinking then I'm gonna have to give this a try.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I get "cannot find server", is it pastable here?? I've been trying unsuccessfuly to make some.
Old 04-14-2008, 10:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

spaniel

I am able to get to it - Here is what it says...

Dudes & Fellow Shootists,
I talked about this on another thread but who reads all the threads? (except Hobie--he sure keeps me in line)

This is something Birchwood Casey don't want us little people knowing about. You can make your own Shoot 'N See targets. They are great, especially when shooting long range. You can make 'em 2 inches or 5 feet, if your little heart so desires. I make most of mine 8" square and use them for 200-300 yard shooting.

As a Boy Scout, I was taught the value of being thrifty. (not cheap--there's a big difference ) These targets are CHEAP. Even a peon forklift driver like myself can afford the materials.

READ and Comprehend (Ysable Kid & Jengel) (man, I'm a BB)

1.) Get cardboard and cut to size, You can use white cardboard or brown cardboard with white or yellow paper over it. If your weird, you can use purple paper.

2.) Get some Saran Wrap--I use the "stretch wrap" we use at work for wrapping pallets. I like that mostly because its free. , Just stretch it a bit and tape it on the back.

3.A) first black square---- Spray paint it, preferably with flat black paint. When you paint it, the shrink wrap gets a little loose from the chemicals of the paint. As the paint dries, it gets taunt again.

3.B) second square---this is a target thats been shot. See the white showing through? The bullet breaks the paint and the shrink film because the paint made the shrink film brittle.---make sense?

4.C) third square---after shooting the target, paint it again! Unless your like me and able to put the next bullet in the exact same hole, its going to make another "easy see" where you shot it. After 20 or 30 hits, and several repaintings, just toss it in the back of Ysable Kid's pick-up truck and get a fresh one. (a word of note--the paint has to be really good and dry or the shot in the target looks "mushy

Old 04-14-2008, 01:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

THAT'S my mistake. I tried wax paper thinking the paint might flake of the slick surface when hit (it did't to any usable extent).

Thanks.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for posting that,neat idea.I'm going to build some for my testing.

Quick Reply: homemade shoot n see target pass on

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.