Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

CVA or TC

Old 04-08-2008, 10:21 AM

Default RE: CVA or TC

ive had five ml and the best shooting one was my 45cal omega but im in the process of switching to somkeless savage but ml are all i hunt with in firarmseason. my two buddies only use a ml during ml season and have the optima and love them depends on what you want as a hunter but both get the job done if you do yours good luck
Old 04-08-2008, 05:14 PM
Fork Horn

I have both a Wolf and Encore. Metal on the Encore seems to be higher quality. I have added a bp shotgun barrel to the Wolf from CVA and enjoy shooting it. Lighter Wolf kicks more. I think quality wise the Encore is much better. I think the answer is do you hunt more than a week with it? If so I'd go with the Encore. I use mine all season b/c of places we can't use centerfire rifles but can use m/l's. If you are a one and done, get the Wolf......
Old 04-09-2008, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have the CVA Wolf, it was my first muzzleloader. I recently bought a Knight KRB7 and so far it's proved to be a good shooter. I only shot it last weekend so I'm still trying different loads. I don't own a TC yet. The Wolf shoots about anything well I've stuffed down the barrel. I took two deer with it this past year. I've never had to use customer service for either and hope I don't. Most guys on here will tell you the TC sevice is excellent though. Which ever way you decide to go it takes range time andask questions of these guys if you need information.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:57 PM

Try the CVA Optima Elite. You can use blackpowder barrel,centerfire barrel, shotgun barrel.

Its the highest quality muzzleloader CVA has ever put out. Awesome part is, A 45-70 barrel is only $130 give or take.

The CVA Muzzle loader barrel will also shoot pretty much whatever is shoved down the barrel. Its not picky. Then again, most cva's are not picky.
Old 04-10-2008, 05:34 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: cayugad

Instead of being concerned on price, concern yourself with how each of them fit you, and what you want to do with them.
Amen.

Take your time in your decision and make sure you get exactly what you want.

Old 04-10-2008, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm of Scottish descent. I buy what I can afford, and then make it fit me.
I added a Pachmyr Decelerator to my KRB to adjust the length of pull and it fits just fine now.
Told ya I'm a cheap SOB.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:23 PM
Typical Buck

I had the same issue. I needed/wanted a rifle that could do the same thing that the TC Encore could do. Only thing was, I couldn'tanddidn't want to spend that kind of $$$ on the TC. I chose the CVA Optima Elite (7mm-08). I can add new barrels when I feel like it for less than TC's. Not bashing TC at all but as for me and my wallet I think I made the right choice. I haven't scoped mine yet but will probably be setting it up real soon. Here's a picture of mine.

ORIGINAL: frontier gander

Try the CVA Optima Elite. You can use blackpowder barrel,centerfire barrel, shotgun barrel.

Its the highest quality muzzleloader CVA has ever put out. Awesome part is, A 45-70 barrel is only $130 give or take.

The CVA Muzzle loader barrel will also shoot pretty much whatever is shoved down the barrel. Its not picky. Then again, most cva's are not picky.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:33 PM

Old 04-10-2008, 08:34 PM
Typical Buck

thanks FG
Old 04-10-2008, 11:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a TC encore.I looked at the CVA optima pro but there were not as many barrel choices.At the time I bought there was no slug barrel I dont know about now.I found a TC on clearence(discontinued because of the Advantage camo pattern) Stainless steel and they were having a 20% off sale so it was a no brainer for me.First time I hunted with it I killed a buck and a doe.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.