Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Rude Awakening from Fedex >

Rude Awakening from Fedex

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Rude Awakening from Fedex

Old 03-11-2008, 03:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Rude Awakening from Fedex

FG; That sure is a pretty rifle, you done real well!! Sounds like its going to bwe a shooter too!!!
Old 03-11-2008, 03:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Indeed it is!!! Beautiful wood and you want to sell it???? You're crazy. Must be related to that Semi- fella.
Old 03-11-2008, 03:47 PM

I wish i was related to that crazy fool. He just picked up 25lbs of goex!

It's up for sale now on my forum, but i plan on keeping it around for a while and possibly trading it off. You never know what may pop up some time down the road.

Tomorrow i'll be sighting it in for groups.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:50 PM

FG

You are right you should not shoot that thing it mite just blow up on you , here is what you do I'll PM you my Addy if you don't have it and send that dangerous thing to me and I'll shoot it for you for a few years just to make sure it's SAFE !lol No that is a Sweet looking rifle you have there BUT if you was to get Tired of it remmember were you can send it !

RON
Old 03-11-2008, 07:37 PM
Fork Horn

And I thought I got GOOD DEAL with a TC Grey Hawk, unfired for 130.00.. Really nice looking HAWKIN !!!!!!
Old 03-11-2008, 08:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

Certainly nothing wrong with that deal on the Grey Hawk, dphobby. My brother-in-law has a Grey Hawk. It's a real shooter with 385 grain Great Plains bullets.
Old 03-12-2008, 04:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: frontier gander

Did i do good? I didnt pay much at all for this beautyful TC Hawken that i just got back from TC.

On it came a new stock that beautiful wood grain and a brand new lock. The old lock has some wear on the finish.

Debating on if i should shoot it or not. Got a whole bunch of powerbelts.

Whatcha guys think? I LOVE the TC box they sent along with it, thats box is eye catchy.

I think it is a beautiful rifle. TC has great customer service on their rifles, a bit long, but they fix what things are wrong usually by installing totally new parts. I got a new lock and stock for my FL because the wedge pin screws were stripped. I thought they would repair, but the sent me a new stock AND lock and trigger assembly, only the barrel was the same.
Chap gleason
Old 03-12-2008, 11:25 AM

Ah aint it great! Just noticed the outside table and the distance of 71 yards from that table to my target. Wont be walking through the snow and mud today! And i'll beable to use my cheap shooting gun rest!
Some pics of the rifle outside.

Old 03-12-2008, 12:05 PM

Okay 6 shots already. I forgot about the hot barrel and my first 4 shots were.. well, not that great. Its 64* out in the shade, probably close to 70 in the sun where i am at. Sitting here in a t shirts and sweating my (_!_) off out on the shooting table. Once i let the barrel cool between shots for a couple minutes. My last 2 shots were 1 1/2" apart.
Not to bad for 71 yards, but there is always room for improvement.

Barrel is getting a little tight with fouling, so i am giving the Hawken a rest and pulling out the Great Plains Flinter.

Spotting scopes aint worth a chit when you're trying to find holes on a brown target. That and they shake all over the place.