Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 BK-92 Knight Riffle? >

BK-92 Knight Riffle?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

BK-92 Knight Riffle?

Old 03-04-2008, 06:42 PM
Dominant Buck

Default BK-92 Knight Riffle?

I'm looking for a little input. I just won one of these rifles from the Dixie Deer classic. I don't have the desire to hunt with an end stuffer. I'm a bow hunter. However, this is perfect for my 11 year old son. Can you give me any advice?

My experience has been shooting one a few times and I borrowed a friends gun so I could take my son north and shoot his first deer. I used the pelets, liked them and the sabot slugs. What should I go out and buy, besides a small tackle box to enable him to hunt this fall?

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:58 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: BK-92 Knight Riffle?

As I remember, the Knight BK 92 was very similar to the MK 85. Doesn't that have a #11 percussion cap ignition? If it does, then load 80 grains of loosePyrodex RS and a 240 or 300 grain XTP. That would be a good starting point. Also with that kind of a charge the young man should be able to handle the rifle just fine. Another thing you can try are 300 gr Saber Tooth conicals on 80 grains of powder. Again, an great load and should do all you need it to do. The rest would boil down to practice.

So check the rifle breech plug and see what kind of ignition system you have. Then we can suggest perhaps all the things you might need to make the rifle work. Also read the manual, there is a ton of information in there for you as well.