Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 fair price for a T/C Hawken >

fair price for a T/C Hawken

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

fair price for a T/C Hawken

Old 02-28-2008, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default fair price for a T/C Hawken

A buddy of mine said he picked up a T/C Hawken in trade this week and asked if I'd be interested in it. He's familiar with guns and said it has a bit of rust & pitting in the nipple area, but the lock and stock were in very good shape. I was thinking of picking it up with the possibility of buying a new barrel for it later. He has around $75. in it and I could probably get it for that. I plan to look at it this weekend!
Would $75. be a reasonable price if the bore is still in decent shape?
Old 02-28-2008, 05:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: fair price for a T/C Hawken

Heck yeah! Even if the bore is the pits.
Old 02-28-2008, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

you should grab it as soon as possible if you dont like it you could probably part it out on ebay and make and extra hundred or so.
Old 02-28-2008, 05:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

wabi

The stock alone - no hardware - just the wood is going for $100+ on Ebay add another $80 for a lock $40 for triggers and you can see that $75 is somethng to jump on SOON...
Old 02-28-2008, 05:54 PM
Fork Horn

BUY IT NOW!!!
Old 02-28-2008, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: wabi

A buddy of mine said he picked up a T/C Hawken in trade this week and asked if I'd be interested in it. He's familiar with guns and said it has a bit of rust & pitting in the nipple area, but the lock and stock were in very good shape. I was thinking of picking it up with the possibility of buying a new barrel for it later. He has around $75. in it and I could probably get it for that. I plan to look at it this weekend!
Would $75. be a reasonable price if the bore is still in decent shape?
I bought a new Hawken FL on gunbroker.com 2 years ago for $300 shipped. If it has run and pitting in the nipple area, then maybe the lock needs replacing for $80 to $100. You will pay minimum $100 for a barrel to $200 for a Green Mountain replacement. Chap
Old 02-28-2008, 06:11 PM
Dominant Buck

Those are once in a life time deals... grab it before your friend wakes up.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I may pick it up, then buy a .32 or .40 Green Mountain barrel for it. If the .50 barrel is in good shape I'll keep it as a backup for deer hunting. I'd like to have a smallbore for plinking/hunting and this may be the way to get a good one at a fair price. Looks like just over $200 for a new GM barrel.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:42 PM
Dominant Buck

call them and see if there are any small caliber barrels for the Hawkins on sale. There were a lot of barrels and they were selling for $99.00 so for under $200 you'd have one of the best small caliber black powder rifles on the market.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you dont want it pass me an e-mail with the info I would like to have it. Lee

Quick Reply: fair price for a T/C Hawken

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.