Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 muzzleloader for hunting in indiana >

muzzleloader for hunting in indiana

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

muzzleloader for hunting in indiana

Old 02-21-2008, 05:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default muzzleloader for hunting in indiana

OK guys i got my 12ga for Xmas
well two weeks before

and a day after i though well i want a muzzle loader and not a shotgun go figure
i found out in Indiana you can hunt with a ml in gun season which gives you three more weeks then a shotgun would.

What muzzle loader would you recommend for a newbie to muzzle loaders
i thought at first that a encore for the changing factor but i am not it's worth the extra money

what would you buy
also what brand and model
also money is not a big issue but i would like to stay under 300 or 400 or around there if i can get agood gun for little more for the gun itself
Old 02-21-2008, 06:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: muzzleloader for hunting in indiana

As far as brands I would say a Knight ot a T/C. There are a some very good guns in both of those lines.
Old 02-21-2008, 06:23 PM

Get a Knight Hands Down The KRB7 or Disc Extreme The Knights will shoot Sabots or Conicals with great Accuracy .

Ron
Old 02-21-2008, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Tenmilephenom

As far as brands I would say a Knight ot a T/C. There are a some very good guns in both of those lines.
+1. The TCs have good customer service even on 15 or 20 year old guns, guarantee for life. The Knights have a green mountain barrel, which is the most accurate ML barrel. Another option for you is to buy a Smokeless MLer, the Savage 10ML, about $500 for a stainless tupperware stock. An TC Omega is about 300 or 350. A Knight Long Range Hunter (you have big bean fields) is a good gun, don't know the price, but they are accurate.
Chap
Old 02-21-2008, 06:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

bigtim6656

First thing I would ask is what is legal in Indiana during ML season? That can make a big difference in what you might purchase...

Old 02-21-2008, 06:44 PM
Dominant Buck

Well there are a lot of good brands out there. Thompson Center or Knight would be my choice. A Triumph by T/C or an Omega by T/C. A Knight Rollingblock, Disc Extreme, would also be good choices. All of them are good rifles. Also it depends on what kind of shots you might encounter.
Old 02-21-2008, 06:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

A Triumph or a KRB7 or if you could get one a White, but first check the laws some states have law makers that only have a minimal ides of what a muzzle loader is and have awful screwed up laws. Lee
Old 02-21-2008, 06:55 PM

Smokeless Is Legal in INDIANA just make shure that what ever gun you get it is .45cal or bigger

Ron

Old 02-21-2008, 07:20 PM

I like my CVA Optima and I am here in Indianapolis. Where in Indiana are you located? I think I would recommend 50 cal. I think there are more loads to chose from. Welcome to the forum.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

i am in sullivan south of terre haute which is about 80 or 90 miles south west of indy
ORIGINAL: oldrookie

I like my CVA Optima and I am here in Indianapolis. Where in Indiana are you located? I think I would recommend 50 cal. I think there are more loads to chose from. Welcome to the forum.

Quick Reply: muzzleloader for hunting in indiana

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.