Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 muzzleloader for hunting in indiana >

muzzleloader for hunting in indiana

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

muzzleloader for hunting in indiana

Old 02-21-2008, 07:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: muzzleloader for hunting in indiana

thanksguys i am thinking a tc omega or trumiph or a knight
also i would be up for a smokeless what would you guys recommend in that line up
Old 02-21-2008, 08:14 PM

Smokeless (Savage )
Old 02-21-2008, 08:31 PM

[quote]ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

i am in sullivan south of terre haute which is about 80 or 90 miles south west of indy [quote]

I get over that way....my youngest son goes to ISU in TH. Good fishing around Sullivan!

Old 02-21-2008, 08:36 PM

cva optima elite. Its like an encore only its no where near as expensive and you can buy centerfire/shotgun barrels for it. They have a nice looking 45-70 barrel out for them...
www.budsgunshop.com has the best prices.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

ya thats why i moved here for the hunting and fishing [quote]ORIGINAL: oldrookie

[quote]ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

i am in sullivan south of terre haute which is about 80 or 90 miles south west of indy

I get over that way....my youngest son goes to ISU in TH. Good fishing around Sullivan!
Old 02-22-2008, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I own 2 T/C MLs and would not say ANY brand is "hands down". We should all be willing to admit that there are several brands making quality guns and a lot of it will come down to personal preference.

I have never owned a Knight yet would recommend either T/C or Knight for a beginner. I am biased a little against the break-actions due to accurization concerns but that again is a personal preference factor. The comment I will make on the Encore is people buy them because you can switch barrels, yet I know few people who actually do that.

I'd look at the Omega or a Knight if I could recommend one. I would be interested on the opinions of anyone who owns a T/C with the new "speed breech", it is an interesting concept yet I won't be buying a new ML anytime soon so I'm interested to hear how they work and last under use.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

I should add that a lot of what your setup will look like depends where it will be used. I have one gun for wide open fields, and another for carrying in the woods.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:43 AM
Typical Buck

Also here in Indianapolis. I would recommend the cva's, TC, and Knight. Those are all the brands that I've actually hunted with. Currently I hunt with CVAs, Usually a wolf or optima. The wolf is a good rifle. Its inexpensive and I've taken afew deer with mine over the past two seasons. My only complaint about mine is that the ram rod is kinda cheap. I got mine with a scope and starter kit included for $220ish. The optima is alittle better rifle. It has afew more of the bells and whistles. I think it runs around 250 to 300
Old 02-22-2008, 11:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

also i would be up for a smokeless what would you guys recommend in that line up
A Savage 10ML 2, 50 cal, blue or stainless with a thumbhole stock is beautiful and accurate as heck.

Here is the rifle:
Chap

Old 02-22-2008, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gleason.chapman

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

A Savage 10ML 2, 50 cal, blue or stainless with a thumbhole stock is beautiful and accurate as heck.

Here is the rifle:
Chap

Buds Gun shop has them:

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=savage+10+ml+2 &osCsid=363f052507d3afb52fb406a8285f9006&x =13&y=8

Chap

Quick Reply: muzzleloader for hunting in indiana

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.