Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 "Factory Accurized" >

"Factory Accurized"

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

"Factory Accurized"

Old 02-13-2008, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default "Factory Accurized"

I hope this is not too dumb a question but I have heard this phrase used from time to time and I'm not really sure what it means. For example, so and so says he shot this antelope with a factory accurized Knight disc rifle. Does it mean that they bedded the stock? floated the barrel? or did they go through a bunch of barrels and find one that was milled to the tightest tolerences? Or does it mean that the factory developed a perfect load for that rifle?
Just wondering and won't find out if I don't ask.
Art
Old 02-13-2008, 01:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: "Factory Accurized"

Now thats a real good question because "factory accurized " could mean anything, I suspect that under these circumatances it means they pick the best shooting one out of a certain number { like maybe 500] the bedded it and tune the trigger and action to what ever the shooter wanted and polished the barrel. Lee
Old 02-13-2008, 03:34 PM
Dominant Buck

Well a lot of people call some of the Knights factory accurized because they come with an out of the box guarantee for accuracy. Unless this was a rifle sent back because it did not shoot, and the Knight team actually did bed the rifle or make other adjustments. Unless they have an option on purchase where they will take extra steps to insure the rifle is a great shooter. I never saw a Knight yet that was not a great shooter.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

cayugad,I believe I know who he is talking about, and since he does a lot of there advertiseing and they set him up with the rifle to do it with, well from what he said I got the impresion that it was a special job. Lee
Old 02-13-2008, 08:53 PM

I suspect that in most cases "factory accurized" means you paid $40 extra for a label.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

LARRY338, right about 98 % of the time. Lee