Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 sent T/C an email on my new englander >

sent T/C an email on my new englander

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

sent T/C an email on my new englander

Old 02-06-2008, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default sent T/C an email on my new englander

I am going to wait till monday for a reply from T/C then I will call them. basicly I am worried about the rear sight. and asked about the warraty.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:45 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: sent T/C an email on my new englander

If the rear sight is loose, there are two screws that hold the bottom base of the rear sight to the barrel. If you take the center screw out of the adjustable model of sight, there is a spring under that inside blade and the back part of it is pinned to the base of the sight. Careful you do not loose the small spring. It fits into two small indentations on the two parts of the sights. You can drive the pin out of the back of the sight and then removing that center screw the inside part will come out and give you access to the two screws that lock the base to the barrel. Sometimes, those screws will come loose or even rust and break off. You then have to contact T/C and they will give you some new screws. If you feel competent, take the rear sight apart and check the screws inside that hold the base tothe barrel. I just recently had to do that to a Renegade because one of the screws actually rusted off. I never take the rear sights apart. Over the past twenty years, that one back screw finally broke and the sight would not stay tight.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

kinda tough for me right now to do any work like that. lol

not worried about loosing any springs. got what of not loosing small things. I try again later.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

thank cayugad,
got the sight off. looks like both mounting screws where replaced already, looked new. but the little spring is rusted. fixxed the elevation I had problem moving it. the blade on the rear sight is loose, know how to fix that?
Old 02-06-2008, 10:22 PM
Dominant Buck

The rear sight blade works on a set screw to the side. Be sure that screw is tight. If we are talking an adjustable sight. The top screw changes the elevation and the side screw if loose, the blade will move back and fourth. If it is too loose, paint the threads with finger nail polish and then put it back in place. When the finger nail dries, it will keep the screw from backing out.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:31 PM

great, get him into even more trouble when his wife catches him with the rifle she doesn't know about, and with her nail polish
Old 02-06-2008, 10:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

ok so I was worring about nothing. but in the long run, I found something that did need to be fix that I did not know that did.

I learned something I need to know. I may still pick up the sights I saw at a local gun shop. rear t/c fire sights type $28.99 plus 5% tax

wife does not ware nail polish
Old 02-07-2008, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: corey012778

ok so I was worring about nothing. but in the long run, I found something that did need to be fix that I did not know that did.

I learned something I need to know. I may still pick up the sights I saw at a local gun shop. rear t/c fire sights type $28.99 plus 5% tax

wife does not ware nail polish

So Corey.....whats she gonna think when she catches you with fingernail polish
Old 02-07-2008, 01:32 PM
Fork Horn

And if youre gonna get introuble for the polish-make sure its a pretty color
Old 02-07-2008, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think I am going to do that lol

Quick Reply: sent T/C an email on my new englander

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.