Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Full plastic jacket question? >

Full plastic jacket question?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Full plastic jacket question?

Old 02-03-2008, 11:09 AM
Fork Horn

Default Full plastic jacket question?

With respect to the Knight rifle system, what exactly is the full plastic jacket, does the Knight disc extremme come set up that way, and how many shot can one jacket handle before being replaced?
Old 02-03-2008, 12:39 PM

Default RE: Full plastic jacket question?

The full plastic jacket Disk is what holds your 209 primer Yes the Extreme has this system and you can use them over & over BUT I would recomend useing only new ones for hunting . The full plastic jacket when inserted in the Bolt of the rifle and the bolt is closed will slip onto the rear of the breech plug and seals it to keep moisture out and keeps a lot of blow back from accurring.

ron
Old 02-03-2008, 03:29 PM
Typical Buck

I've used some at the range with over 50 shots in them and they work great. The new Knights out today all come with two diffrent breach plugs, one that doesn't require the red jackets and the other does require the jackets. They are great in weather as I have been in downpours and have shot at deer with no problems of the gun going off.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:05 PM
Fork Horn

The new Knight Extreme's should come with two breech pulgs, one with the jacket and one to use with a bare 209. That being said, I really like the full plastic jacket... they are water proof and make loading a 209 a breeze. I can tell you that in the Disc Elite that I had the FPJ did not help out one bit with blow back, I even had the domed breech pug in that rifle. It got alot of blow back on the outside of the gun including quite a bit on the scope.