Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Tell me what my KRB will  like >

Tell me what my KRB will like

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Tell me what my KRB will like

Old 01-29-2008, 06:36 PM
Spike

Default RE: Tell me what my KRB will like

Thanks guys..oldwun,Indiana,dvdegeorge and the rest of you.I really apppreciate your helping me.Something just hit me.Answer me this if you will.What makes a barrel a conical shooter.My Omegas seem to love sabots and I think I'm right in assumeing they have the same 1 in 28 twist as the KRB.Am I wrong...once more. hunt4me
Old 01-29-2008, 07:12 PM

Hunt4me

You are not wrong they both have a 1/28" twist BUT your Omega has a QLA System and guns that have this is usually not good conical shooters, the QLA was baseiclly desighned for sabots I personally do not like a gun with a QLA BUT we won't start that issue again , but they do seem to shoot sabots pritty well.

Ron
Old 01-29-2008, 09:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't want to open a can of worms either but it seems the QLA guns that have the most trouble with conicals are the Omegas and similar TC's. Older TC's like the Black Diamond seem to do fine with conicals. All 3 of the CVA/BPI guns that I have with the QLA type muzzleshoot conicals into 2" or less at 100 yards, most of the time under 1.5". My theory is that the way the QLA is designed and cut has as much to do with how well conicals shoot in that type barrel. I've heard very little about other QLA style guns that have trouble with conicals.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:15 PM

ORIGINAL: dmurphy317

I don't want to open a can of worms either but it seems the QLA guns that have the most trouble with conicals are the Omegas and similar TC's. Older TC's like the Black Diamond seem to do fine with conicals. All 3 of the CVA/BPI guns that I have with the QLA type muzzleshoot conicals into 2" or less at 100 yards, most of the time under 1.5". My theory is that the way the QLA is designed and cut has as much to do with how well conicals shoot in that type barrel. I've heard very little about other QLA style guns that have trouble with conicals.
+1
Old 01-29-2008, 10:29 PM

Hunt4me

Absolutly not the KRB is a great shooter with saboted Bullets I sot some out of mine and they did very well 1.5 - 1.25" @100yds I was shooting a 300gr Speer Gold Dot with a Knight Sabot and 95gr of 2fg loose 777.

Ron
Old 01-30-2008, 12:28 PM
Spike

Indiana,...now thats what I wanted to hear.1 1/2 to 1 1/4.I really believe if the gun will do it,then I can figure out what it likes,and spend enough trigger time to make it happen.When I initally got into MZL'ing(about 3yrs now)I was so frustrated with things.I was accustomed to center.Have a couple of tricked out .270's,a sweet Remmy700 6mm,and a custom 300wsm that will put hand loads into 3/8 inch on a good cool non windy day.Iv'e got CZ .22 AND .17's that are almost boreing to shoot at times.But dang it,this muzzle stuff was different I found.So different in fact I have learned to love it.I really am sincere when I say that folks like yourself and many,many others have been extremely influential in helping me over come my early frustrations.Not bragging but now when I see guys at the range doing some things that I used to do and look and act frustrated it feels good to share with them what I've learned here.Then watch them apply my suggestions andsee thethe smiles when the holes get closer together.Thanks to all.....hunt4me
Old 01-30-2008, 12:40 PM

Hunt4me

You are very WELCOME my friend any time !

Ron
Old 01-30-2008, 04:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Happy shooting, pal!
All of these guys on this forum were extremely influential in my staying with muzzleloading, instead of getting frustrated and moving on.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:05 PM
Typical Buck

From personal experience and what I've heard from others, the KRB is turning out to be quite a shooter. Mine likes the 250 gr. Barnes expanders and the 250 gr. bonded shockwaves with 110 gr. of triple seven. It also likes the 385 gr. Great Plains conicals pretty well, but it seems to like the 410 gr GP flat point, with 90 gr. of triple seven, even better. These are some old groups, but they give you the idea of what the rifle is capable of.

Old 01-31-2008, 05:12 AM
Spike

Chris.W.....Those are somereally goodgroups.I assume they are a combo of the different bullets you listed.A couple questions for you and the other KRB shooters.Have you guys settled on a primer of choice.I went to the vari-flame in my Omegas and then on to the 25acp in one of them.I found the crud ring diminished quite a bit when I made the switch from the standard 209 primer ignition.My accuracy improved somewhat.My biggest improvement was far less if not complete disappearence of flyers,So what are you folks seeing in the way of crud in your KRB'S? Also,what is your cleaning procedure on the bench?Are you swabbing after each shot? hunt4me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.