Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Comments on CVA Wolf ? >

Comments on CVA Wolf ?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Comments on CVA Wolf ?

Old 01-24-2008, 08:06 PM

Default Comments on CVA Wolf ?

I just purchased a new in the box black composite / blue steel CVA Wolf 50 cal from Wally World for only $54.00 closeout price. Anybody know anything about them, good or bad. I know it's definitely not top of the line but it breaks open and seems to shoulder pretty good. It is a little on the light side so I guess recoil may be an issue. Anyway, I would appreciate any info you may have.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:17 PM

Default RE: Comments on CVA Wolf ?

For $54.00 you should have bought more if there was any.You picked yourself up a good little shooting gun,not top of the line but many a deer have fallen to that gun and there will be many more to follow.Great deal.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:24 PM
Dominant Buck

At that price, I would have bought one also.. even if I was not interested in it.. They are good shooters from all I read.

A couple years ago, a friend of mine asked me to help her son work up a load for his Beartooth Magnum which is New Frontier's version of the Wolf. We found that 85 grains of powder and a 240 XTP or a 245 grain Powerbelt shot excellent. He was able to take a deer that year with it.

That's a great buy.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:36 PM
Fork Horn

I did the same thing 2 years ago but paid around $70-$80 for it. I put a scope on it and gave it to my 10 year old son for Christmas. He killed a big doe with it this year. I think that they are excellent guns for the money. My boy loves his. He shoots 80 grain of T-7 pushing a 240 grain XTP, good groups.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:54 PM

I have a CVA Wolf and I am very pleased with mine. I would not hesitate to recomend it to some one. Great gun easy to clean andshoots great. For 54.00 I don't know as if Iwould have bought only one, can't have to many right.Have fun shooting
Old 01-24-2008, 09:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't own one, but if I found a deal like that I sure would!
I think they are a great gun for the price. If I needed another muzzleloader the Wolf would be one of my top candidates to fill the position. I have a Traditions Pursuit Pro costing several times that price and I'll bet your new rifle is every bit as dependable and accurate!
Old 01-25-2008, 06:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

My wife bought me one this year for Christmas, and she gave about $170, so I would say you got a heck of a deal. Have not had a chance to shoot it yet tho.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've had mine for a little over a year and like it. This is the first MZ I've owned. I paid $100 for mine just before Christmas 2006. I'd say you got a hell of a deal, and had that been me I'd have bought more than one at that price. I put a Nikon 2x7x32 Pro Staff on mine because of some eye issues. I've shot 250 and 300gr XTP's, 250gr Sabertooths, 245gr Powerbelts and 250 and 300gr Barnes Expander MZ's through it and they all shot decent. Iused the Barnes for deer hunting due to their reputation and harvested two deer this yearwith two shots, one at about 15 yards and the other at 80 yards using 100gr of Pyrodex pellets. My Wolf shoots good with anywhere between 80 and 100gr of loose Pyrodex as well but went with the pellets for hunting. I use the loose for casual shooting at the range. The only thing I wasn't impressed with was the rifle sites that came on it but I took them off for the scope anyway. It's also easy to clean at the end of the day. You made a good purchase, try the different loads and you'll be happy.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Why is it I never get this lucky? I go to Wally world and they tell me the sale stuff isall gone.

Good luck with the ML and have fun shooting it.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: graveyard zombie

I just purchased a new in the box black composite / blue steel CVA Wolf 50 cal from Wally World for only $54.00 closeout price. Anybody know anything about them, good or bad. I know it's definitely not top of the line but it breaks open and seems to shoulder pretty good. It is a little on the light side so I guess recoil may be an issue. Anyway, I would appreciate any info you may have.
Great first rifle and at that price you got a very good deal. Chap Gleason

Quick Reply: Comments on CVA Wolf ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.