Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Holy Crap! Another Gun. >

Holy Crap! Another Gun.

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Holy Crap! Another Gun.

Old 01-17-2008, 04:27 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Holy Crap! Another Gun.

O.K. I bit and drove to Bass Pro today and picked up a KRB7 in Camo Stainless for $349. The gentelman behind the counter let me try all they had and I was able to find one with a very good trigger(crisp,smooth with a pull weight I estimate at around 3 1/2 lbs)That trigger group was in a stainless black synthetic model,but he allowed me to swap trigger groups with the camo stainless one that I bought. The triggers varied in pull weight and some had a slight bit of take up or creep and weren't as smooth.Nothing terrible but the one I purchasedis very nice. We'll see how she likes conicals,as thats the reason I bought it....
Old 01-17-2008, 04:38 PM
Typical Buck

Dave
You must quit encouraging people I will really be in trouble If I listen to your encouragement an get another anything!
Old 01-17-2008, 04:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: dvdegeorge

he allowed me to swap trigger groups with the camo stainless one that I bought.
Your BassPro guys are nicer than our BassPro guys.
Ours don't even like to answer questions. They'd rather talk amongst themselves.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:51 PM

John, Theres a krb7 on greybeard outdoors for $200 shipped[8D]
Old 01-17-2008, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

buy it
Old 01-18-2008, 05:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Your buddy Randy highly endorses them
In fact, he rated it as the most interesting rifle of the year for '07.
Old 01-18-2008, 07:33 AM
Spike

Way to go mcawful.Just picked up one myself .Was in Sportsmans Warehouse the other day just looking at stuff and saw the same one as yours blk/stnless.for 269.00.Took it home even though I have two Omega's.Got the Omega's figured out as to what they like and needed a new challenge.The wife says 'ya got two,what do you need another one for.Dumb me says"Honey,muzzleloaders are a lot like women,once you figure out what the like,you need a new one."Well,she didn't laugh at as much as I had hoped.Anyway,got it all glassed up just last night with a Nikon 3x9Buckmasters(love em,got four)in Burris Signature Zees,clamped to Warne 826 mounts.Looks terrific.Can't wait for the weather to warm a bit in the house and outside as well. hunt4me
Old 01-18-2008, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Crap. Mine's black and blue. Would have raher had the stainless, but the only one they had was scoped and they wanted well over $400 for it. Couldn't go that much when I already had a frontsuffer (which I dearly love) at home.
Congrats on your buy. I'm really looking forward to shooting this one on Monday at the range!
Old 01-18-2008, 07:21 PM
Spike

Hey there mcawful,..Looks like you're gonna get the shootin jump on me.How bout letting me know how it goes.Especially loads,bullets,sabots if used and primers.Guess I'll just let you do some testing for the both of us.It'll save me money but you get to have the first fun LOL.Good luck sir and hope ya find a hole for each time your gun goes boom. hunt4me
Old 01-18-2008, 07:25 PM
Typical Buck

I suppose I could send it to dave he wants one but won't buy it

Quick Reply: Holy Crap! Another Gun.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.