Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

new muzzleloader

Old 01-07-2008, 08:16 AM
Fork Horn

Default new muzzleloader

I got my first muzzleloader back in August, it was a traditions yukon. I then got a TC renegade from my grandfather. I hunted with both of these this year and took a spike with the yukon. No shots with the renegade.

Friday after work I stopped by a small gun shop and looked at a couple sidelocks, one was a CVA Missouri rifle and the guy said he would take $50. It was missing the ram rod and looked really rough with a dirty bore. I left without it but the more I thought about it the more upset I was so the next day I went back and got it. Talked the guy into letting it go for $35 and bought a tin of caps for $5. The gun cleaned up really nice and the bore actually looks good, nice wood on the stock. A few shallow nicks on the stock and dings in the bluing. Haven't shot it yet, but my renegade ram rod is the right length for it. Might shoot it this weekend.

Anyone know anything about this rifle? I have pics but can't post them here at work because image hosting sights are blocked. I can email them if someone would like to post them for me.

Thanks. Cory.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:35 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: new muzzleloader

Sounds like a great find. I have several different ram rods and a couple of cut to fit ram rods if interested? I don't suppose you want the sell your Renegade? e-mail me at [email protected]
Old 01-07-2008, 09:55 AM
Fork Horn

Sorry I do not want to sell the renegade, it is actually my favorite of the three. Plus it belonged to my grandfather.
Old 01-07-2008, 06:29 PM
Spike

what cal. is your renegade. i have a .54 and i love it. it is fun to shoot lead balls and pb's.would not trade it for the world
Old 01-08-2008, 11:16 AM
Typical Buck

coryj,

Welcome and Nice Find!

Here is a manual. It's CVA's generic sidelock manual, but it's better than nothing:
http://www.cva.com/warranty/Side.pdf

Tahquamenon
Old 01-09-2008, 08:56 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the link to the manuel. buck hunter the renegade is a .50.