Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Help before I injure myself???? >

Help before I injure myself????

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Help before I injure myself????

Old 01-01-2008, 10:19 PM

Default You have to read this!

Thanks again guys and no harm telling me not to throw the whole thing in the tub. Momma didn't raise no fools....couple of idiots....but no fools. You guys will love this.... decided to give the barrel a bath and everything was fine. Water started coming out clear so I took her out. Then I decided to lose my marbles and push a patch through her on the dining room table. Did I mention that we got new carpet in there recently??? Yep.....first patch through and the black stuff went flyin out the primer hole and on to the carpet.....with the wife looking on. Holy smokes...don't ever do that! Thankthe Lord for the guy who invented Oxy Clean!

I am now positive that the insurance is paid up.....she checked. Mainly I think she was looking for what they wouldn't pay on as she was thinkin about doin me in then and there.

Anyway... the barrel took a long time to get clean butit finally did. Thanks for all of your help andI hope I at least gave you a laugh or two!
Old 01-01-2008, 11:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: You have to read this!

Griller:

HAH!! That is really funny! If you have a garage, you might want to use that instead

~Robert
Old 01-02-2008, 01:35 AM
Fork Horn

Griller,

Wrap some #0000 steel wool around your cleaning jag and up the ramrod for a few inches then polish the bore with that for a couple of hundred strokes with some oil on it. It will smooth out any rust pitting that is probably in there. Polish it up real good and it should be fine to shoot.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

I remember cleaning my first muzzleloading rifle in the house, many moons ago. No spillage but the stench nearly provoked a killin'! She's pretty tolerant of my quirks but that went a step beyond her limit. I've confined my gun cleaning to the back porch ever since.