Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Had a good 4 days!!! >

Had a good 4 days!!!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Had a good 4 days!!!

Old 12-31-2007, 10:10 AM

Default Had a good 4 days!!!

I took my son and my grandson down to my cabin for a few days of hunting. We saw plenty of deer and we took a doe each. I ask for the guys on my place to shoot only bucks with 4 or better on one side. We are getting some nice 4 and 6 pointers for the future. Both land owners on each side do the same. Plenty of rain ( which we need ) allowed for some good family time. We still have until the end of Jan to hunt in Alabama. We are blessed!!!
On the way down we stopped at a good sporting goods store where I bought 6 ofboxes of Knights ( Barnes 250 boat tail poly tipped X 18) bullets for $ 14.50 each. I had a 20% coupon. Thats all he would let me buy but that,s OK. Dropped the quarters off at the butcher this morning
Old 12-31-2007, 10:17 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Had a good 4 days!!!

Congrats, do you have pictures of the grandson? My oldest daughter starts hunting next year and she is hyped about it. All the best in the new year.

Eric
Old 12-31-2007, 06:48 PM

Default RE: Had a good 4 days!!!

I really haven't tried to post any pictures. He is good looking just like his grandpa though. I often take kids from church both hunting and fishing.