Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Been gone for a while... >

Been gone for a while...

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Been gone for a while...

Old 12-26-2007, 07:04 PM
Fork Horn

Default Been gone for a while...

I haven't got to post here for a while asI had a very busy year. First had a computer crash and lost all my favorites and I swear I couldn't remember this site.
Son came home from Iraq for 20 days, became a grandpa, bought a 5 acre piece of watershed property that butts up to 600 acres of public hunting access land, bought a tractor, a bush hog, trailer to haul it, had to mow trails on 3 properties and weed eat another trail to small and hard to get too, replace a vechicle, I mean this is the tip of the iceburg but I was able to kill a decent deer w/ bow and after I did see the monster the next week end. I finally got caught up @ the end of the season but I'll tell ya still one of the most exciting hunting I seasons I have had. Next yr I will be ahead of the game cause I had a big leaning curve w/ the little tractor (ford 1210) and planting clover etc. I did find out deer love pumpkins...
With complicated modern life styles I feel blessed andwe as Americans sure get to do what we want to do. During this time of happy Thanksgiving, Christmas and as we bring in the New Year I sure want to say thanks to all you veterans out there that through your sacrifice I can sit back and write this message in safety. I raise my glass to you and salute you all. We are the lucky Americans...
Like I tell my son on every email "keep your head low and your powder dry."
Happy New Year,
Sincerely, Steve Hills
Old 12-26-2007, 07:14 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Been gone for a while...

Sometimes it seems every day things just over whelm us. I have been there and never want to go back there.

As for pumpkins.. after they freeze, smash them and the deer think they are candy.. I have seen them get very physical over a smashed pumpkin with other deer. Good luck in your next deer season.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:13 PM

SHills welcome back! Sounds like you have yourself a little piece of heaven. Tell your son thank you for all of us the first chance you get.
Old 12-27-2007, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SHills

I haven't got to post here for a while asI had a very busy year. First had a computer crash and lost all my favorites and I swear I couldn't remember this site.
Son came home from Iraq for 20 days, became a grandpa, bought a 5 acre piece of watershed property that butts up to 600 acres of public hunting access land, bought a tractor, a bush hog, trailer to haul it, had to mow trails on 3 properties and weed eat another trail to small and hard to get too, replace a vechicle, I mean this is the tip of the iceburg but I was able to kill a decent deer w/ bow and after I did see the monster the next week end. I finally got caught up @ the end of the season but I'll tell ya still one of the most exciting hunting I seasons I have had. Next yr I will be ahead of the game cause I had a big leaning curve w/ the little tractor (ford 1210) and planting clover etc. I did find out deer love pumpkins...
With complicated modern life styles I feel blessed andwe as Americans sure get to do what we want to do. During this time of happy Thanksgiving, Christmas and as we bring in the New Year I sure want to say thanks to all you veterans out there that through your sacrifice I can sit back and write this message in safety. I raise my glass to you and salute you all. We are the lucky Americans...
Like I tell my son on every email "keep your head low and your powder dry."
Happy New Year,
Sincerely, Steve Hills
Welcome back Steve. I have wonder where you have been. Glad you saw a moster, that will fire you up for next year and glad you got a nice buck with your bow. Welcome back. Glad your son got back from Iraq, my son in law has been deployed twice, once to Iraq and once Japan, backing up those who were deployed to Iraq. He was not here when both of his sons were born.
Best Wishes,
Chap Gleason
Old 12-27-2007, 06:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

How do you forget HNI????

Give your son a big THANKS from me and my family!!!!
Old 12-27-2007, 06:28 PM

If you couldn't remember this site, Then clearly we're not one of your favorites[8D]
Old 12-28-2007, 09:07 AM
Typical Buck

Thank the boys!
Old 12-28-2007, 09:58 AM
Typical Buck

Welcome Back SHills!