Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 knight muzzleloader >

knight muzzleloader

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

knight muzzleloader

Old 12-22-2007, 02:19 AM

Default knight muzzleloader

hello to all! a local sporting goods store has a knight LKII on clearance for 150.00 (it is new never shot). anyone have any idea what they went for new. also how long has it been since they made this gun. it is the gun only. no box, paper work, or the tool to remove the breech plug. it has the percusion cap ignition and it doenst have a timney trigger. it has a stainless barrel with a black composit stock. thanks for the help.
Old 12-22-2007, 02:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: knight muzzleloader

ORIGINAL: dem4570

hello to all! a local sporting goods store has a knight LKII on clearance for 150.00 (it is new never shot). anyone have any idea what they went for new. also how long has it been since they made this gun. it is the gun only. no box, paper work, or the tool to remove the breech plug. it has the percusion cap ignition and it doenst have a timney trigger. it has a stainless barrel with a black composit stock. thanks for the help.
That is an older model, call Knight, here is there web page:

http://www.knightrifles.com/ContactUs/defaultor
fill out the form there and contact them by email, they respond pretty quickly.

ask them how much it will cost for the breech plug remover and a manual (they may give it to you). My gut feeling is $150 is too high for this, since I believe the gun was a $200 gun new.
Chap Gleason
Old 12-22-2007, 10:25 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: dem4570

I shoot a Knight LK-II and it is a great rifle. Those guns were made back in the early 90's. Mine was made in 1993. If it has the 26" barrel it is one of the newer ones. The older models have a 22" barrel. I bought mine new from Natchez for $129.00 about three years ago, maybe four yearsago.

These are great shooters, their triggers I was under the impression are Timney but I could be wrong. The trigger is exceptional as well. They are a great all around little rifle. I saw then being sold NIB on auction sites with a blue barrel and the strange stock (I do not know what they call it being crushed like that)for $75.00. I should have bought a couple of them then. Don't let the #11 ignition scare you, they go off like clock work. Because of the Stainless barrel it might be a good deal.
Old 12-22-2007, 12:09 PM

i have one also, and love it. it may have a timney i dont know but it is a little different than mine. i bought mine the same way as this one on clearance. the only difference between this one and mine is my trigger is adjustable. and the trigger on the one they have down there has no adjustment`s. cayugad does your`s have a adjustable trigger.