Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 time to vent about my scope on my ml >

time to vent about my scope on my ml

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

time to vent about my scope on my ml

Old 12-14-2007, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default time to vent about my scope on my ml

getting my usak ready for late ML. Went to clean the windage cover off. the WHOLE thing came off in my hand. I am so freaking pissed right now. looks like I have to freaking site in about scope.

I got a red dot (need a battery) and a another tasco 3-9 X50. which should I put on?
Old 12-14-2007, 06:49 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: time to vent about my scope on my ml

The entire adjustment complex came off? I would send the scope back to the manufacturer. I would not trust that thing at all. Maybe ask the wife for a early christmas present and pick up a Bushnell Dusk to Dawn scope, or one in that kind of price range. It will not break the budget. Or use your open sights. Those are good for 100 yards too.

The 3-9x50 might have too large of a bell. And a red dot is not going to give you any more range then open sights. Perhaps even less.
Old 12-14-2007, 06:52 PM

dang, you'r not one for having good luck are you?lol.
Old 12-14-2007, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

wish I could send it back, tasco has a limit lifetime, and I am the second owner of that one scope. I am just going to throw the other scope I have on it. and get up early monday and site it in.

Next year I am going to get a new scope for all 3 of my guns, I hope the one I am putting can hold out.

Old 12-14-2007, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: frontier gander

dang, you'r not one for having good luck are you?lol.
not this year. I about to get some open site for it and be done with it [:@]
Old 12-14-2007, 07:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm 52, have worked since I was 13, have 3 daughters and a good wife...

About 10 years ago, I replaced a 15 year old Bushnell on my .243 with a Leupold...

I bought a Remington 541-T .22 a few years back, always wanted a really good bolt action .22...I mounted a Leupold Compact on it...

Bass Pro put their Knight Discs on sale about 6 years ago, I bought one and ordered a Leupold for it....

The cheapest scope you buy will be the most expensive scope you will buy...

My grandkids will be shooting my guns, probably with the same Leupolds on them....
Old 12-14-2007, 07:04 PM

haha, yeah open sights are nice. Knock the rifle over, just take a look at the settings and your marks and it will more than likely still be on. I actually prefer the old buckhorn/front blade sights over fiber optics.
Old 12-14-2007, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I tell this story all the time, it was 10 years ago, me and friend where out shooting. I shot my dad's 30-30 open sights 50 yards dead center, shot my ruger 96/22 open sites. I grazed the inside of the 30 30 hole with the 22. grrrr. just bad luck this year.....
Old 12-14-2007, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

s-o-b, now I know why no one likes the new tascos. The one I had on my ML that was 10+ years old, made it thru a 30-06 and my ML, came apart. the one I replaced it with, the crosshairs are turning, and only had 10 shots for my 30 - 06, that anwsered my problems from it. had it bore sight the best I could with out a bore sighter, checked the powers, watch the freaking crosshair spin.[:@][:@][:@][:@]
Old 12-15-2007, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

They just don't make them like they use to. Of course that can be both a bad thing and a good thing depending on what it is.

I had a Tasco World Class 3x12 that I got many years ago. I first had it on a 30-06, then my 7mm Rem Mag. It had probably 1000+ rounds under its belt before it started having issues with holding a zero.Sounds likethe newer ones being built by Bushnell are of a lesser quality, at least I think it was Bushnell that bought them out a few years ago. Then again, I have some other low priced scopes that, so far, have held up very well. One is the scope I originally with my Magbolt. I've had it for about 6 years and it has around 500 to 700 rounds under its belt with no issues. I think I paid $59 for it at Bass Pro. Price doesn't always mean it won't have problems either. I have a Redfield that I replaced the Tasco with that just didn't seem right, I sent it back and they found the parralax adjustment was out of spec enough to cause the problem. They fixed it and it only cost me shipping. You just never know till you put some time and rounds on it. Good luck getting it going.

Quick Reply: time to vent about my scope on my ml

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.