Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

TC Renegade

Old 12-13-2007, 07:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default TC Renegade

Well this morning a coworker of mine offered to sell me his renegade for $100. I haven't seen it, he says it has been properly maintained an is "likenew". I am not that familiar with this gun. I see a lot of you "trick them out". Is that a good deal? What do you muzzleloader experts think??? If you don't mind I wouldn't mind hearing some things about that model.

Just to throw it out there I have a CVA Hawken the shoots 90 Grains Pyrodex RS and a .490 Roundball, and a 45 Disc Elite that i shoot 110 Grains of loose T7 and a 200SST, So my goal would maybe to make this a conical gun with a peep maybe.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:51 AM

Default RE: TC Renegade

Hey Carp. I have a Renegade in the left hand model and I love it. I've seen some 54 caliber Renegadesstarting for $200.00 and going up to around $300.00, even for used, so I'm thinking $100.00 is a heck of a price for the one you're looking at if it is properly maintained with no barrel problems. Even in the world of everyone wanting inlines I think I'd have to jump on that Renegade just to have in my arsenal for that price. A T/C is a T/C and I don't think you'll lose in this situation.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:31 AM
Dominant Buck

If you did not purchase a Renegade in good shape for $100.00 you need to schedule an appointment with a shrink because you're crazy...

That is an excellent deal. Look on a auction site and normally they go between $150 (sold right away) - $350.00 (might take a while to sell). You better buy it. I know I would not have even questioned him anymore. I'd of bought it before he woke up and realized what he was doing.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

I agree with Cayugad. And if you buy it and don't like it - let me know. I'll give you your $100 back plus shipping and you can send it to me.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:18 AM

Sabotloader has a new TV show coming out........"Pimp dat Renegade!".
Old 12-13-2007, 10:38 AM
Typical Buck

Sounds like a fine deal. Make sure the bore and muzzle are in good shape, otherwise snag it up.

That Renegade will also make for a great and inexpensive time at the range shooting PRB's.

Tahquamenon
Old 12-13-2007, 11:33 AM
Typical Buck

Sabotloader has a new TV show coming out........"Pimp dat Renegade!".
LOL!
Old 12-13-2007, 12:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

Carpmaster

That CVA Hawken of yours is such a better rifle I doubt you would really like the plain jane Renegade... so here's the deal go ahead and buy it for that "c" note and I'll refund that to you plus pay you to ship it out here to Idaho. I know a place that will really appreciate having another Renegade in the family...

thank you...
Old 12-13-2007, 01:10 PM
Typical Buck

I had my "old" Renegade out just last night. Have not shot it for about 10 years, I currently usea Knight Disc. I used 90 grains of black powder and a round ball in my Renegade and could shoot a 1 hole group at 50 yards with the open sights. IF I kill a buck with the Knight I might take the Renegade out for a doe. For $100 you can't beat it.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bronko22000

I agree with Cayugad. And if you buy it and don't like it - let me know. I'll give you your $100 back plus shipping and you can send it to me.
It is mine, he's a good guy, said he'd hold it for me til whenever since it is christmas time. I have 2 kids that will start shooting in a few years so it is a good investment!

Quick Reply: TC Renegade

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.