Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Please Guys - Turn Some Cold Air Loose >

Please Guys - Turn Some Cold Air Loose

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Please Guys - Turn Some Cold Air Loose

Old 12-09-2007, 10:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Please Guys - Turn Some Cold Air Loose

Come on you guys up North. Send some of that cold South.

Hunted Saturday morning in 78 degrees and high humidity. Deer didn't even bother getting off their beds. Saturday evening - on my standat 3 p.m. in 81 degrees.Saw one very small yearlingdoe that looked lost - someone must have got her momma. On stand again at oh-dark-hundred this morning in a short sleevecamoT-shirt. When the dawn came the fog was so thick I couldn't see20 yards. Gave up after two hours and went back to camp and cooked myself a big breakfast.

Our rut usually kicks in the week before Christmas, but I'm not even seeing any scrapes yet. NEED SOME COLD AIR!
Old 12-09-2007, 10:45 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Please Guys - Turn Some Cold Air Loose

We had -8ºF last night. Would that cool you down enough?
Old 12-09-2007, 10:52 PM

Last weekend my blind turned into a iglo. Had 1/4 inch of ice on it from freezing rain. You can have all of that weather you want, I don't want it.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:56 PM

got 9" of snow yesterday. Going to snow more on mon/tues and Weds. Im loving it!
Old 12-09-2007, 11:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

No thanks Cauygad, Don't want it ALL - just a little will do. You can keep your snow FG, although I do suppose it makes tracking easier. Deer don't leave prints in pine needles. And Cage, so far as I'm concerned, ice is useful only insingle malt Scotch or a chest of fish.
Old 12-09-2007, 11:17 PM
Dominant Buck

See guys.. we offer to help semisane out, and he don't want it.. he was just happy with his heat all along.
Old 12-09-2007, 11:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

Aw, give me a break Cayugad. I was asking for a drink of water and you guys wanted to thrown me in the well.
Old 12-09-2007, 11:34 PM
Spike

I'm in NW AR and the weather has finally started to turn here.... still not as cold as I'm accustomed to (moved here from MI, and was in WA before that), but it's at a nice temp for hunting... now if I could just get out there...... stupid work schedules.....
Old 12-09-2007, 11:41 PM
Fork Horn

If you don't like the weather here in Eastern NC, give it a few hours, it'll change.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:43 AM
Dominant Buck

Well last night was a real eye opener.. we hit -18.2ºF. When the dog and I went out for our morning walk in the woods, needless to say it was brisk. Of course it had warmed up to -8.4ºF. I did not see any grouse which was OK. With the gloves I had on, shooting the New Englander might have taken some time.

Normally we are not this cold at this time of the year. The real cold comes the end of January and February. We can hit -40ºF or more then. Not every night thank goodness. The water pipes would never stand the strain.

I have a sister that used to live in Statesboro Georgia. I could not believe people lived in that country. Hot, humid, BUGS, but the local population just did not seem bothered by it all. Thank goodness for her in ground pool.I guess you get used to every part of the country you live, and learn to adjust.

Quick Reply: Please Guys - Turn Some Cold Air Loose

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.