Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Z5 on a Budget

Old 12-07-2007, 06:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Z5 on a Budget

Couldn't help it... the Devil, Cayugad, and Lee made me do it.. and I am sure UC had a hand in it - that's what I told Terry anyway.

The rifle was just to cheap to pass up. But it is beginning to take shape, I took the BP up to my local machinist (that I trust) + 2 others and had him drill them out to fit the 25ACP, he called this afternoon and I went up and got the BP's - $9.00 no not each for all of them, the budget still looking good. Headed to my local SG store and picked up a Weaver Grand Slam scope base...$12- then back home.

Wrapped the BP in pink and installed it, installed the scope base found some cheap Leupold Rifleman rings, then started huntingfor a scope. Remember I amon a tight budget - I had a Japanese Kowa 4x, a Bushnell Trophy 3x9, and a Pentax 4x12 with a ballistic reticule. I want to order a Busnell 3200 for it - but I am sticking to the budget... so I put the Pentax on it(for now)stuck the bore sighter up the muzzle and now I am ready to go test it... Just do not no when...

I do have one minor problem - I suggested that I would part with one of my other ML's - so now I gotta sell the A&H to show Terry good faith... but that is alright I have a new gun...

Old 12-07-2007, 07:22 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Z5 on a Budget

Be very carefull I have regretted selling almost every gun I have sold
Old 12-07-2007, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

You already have an Omega, why two of them? One to "keep on" and the other to experiment with?
That is looking pretty good just the way you got it. Very nice thumb hole stock, was that with the gun? Will it shoot Noslers?
Chap
Old 12-07-2007, 08:30 PM
Dominant Buck

You notice he lists "the devil" followed immediately by my name... I am not sure whether to be offended or proud?

That is a nice looking rifle. I made a big mistake earlier when there was a beautiful Omega on sale, among other rifles and items.I did not jump on the deal. I had to really do some talking to myself, keep from buying it. When I finally decided to purchase it, thank goodness someone else already bought it.

You needed another rifle. Just like I do...
Old 12-07-2007, 09:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

It strikes me that the combination would be good for certain kinds of testing. Lee
Old 12-07-2007, 09:31 PM
Spike

I have the Z5 Omega with the thumbhole. I got it at wallyworld for 295.00. They have em on clearance right now for much less (along with all BP accessories)
Old 12-07-2007, 09:58 PM

ORIGINAL: sabotloader

I took the BP up to my local machinist (that I trust) + 2 others and had him drill them out to fit the 25ACP, he called this afternoon and I went up and got the BP's - $9.00 no not each for all of them, the budget still looking good.
I am very interested in haveing a simmilar thing done could you tell me how and what exactly your machinist does to turn a regular breach plug into a 25acp breach plug. I have an idea in my haed as to how it could be done but would appreciate your input. Thanks.
The new gun looks great, I really like those thumb hole stocks.
Old 12-07-2007, 11:25 PM

ORIGINAL: sabotloader

the Devil, Cayugad, and Lee made me do it.. and I am sure UC had a hand in it - that's what I told Terry anyway.
Whew, for once I didn't have anything to do with it.
Old 12-08-2007, 09:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

cdad

Whew, for once I didn't have anything to do with it.
No, that is not true... I tried to throw your name in there also but since she knows you and gave her a compliment on here dinner - she THINKS you are a nice guy.... she can be fooled once in awhile... you done it!!!
Old 12-08-2007, 09:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

HeavyDutyWonk

I did not watch him do the project, but the jist of the conversation was that he was going install a drill bit that fit the 209 hole in the press, center the breech plug in a vice under thatbit- then remove that bit and in install a "J" bit - drill the primary hole to the measured depth then a "K" bit to complete the hole to desired diameter and depth. I had taken him a BP that was already completed - so he got the measurements from that.

Quick Reply: Z5 on a Budget

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.