Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Let it snow

Old 11-25-2007, 06:07 PM

Default Let it snow

I was just checking the weather for our muzzy season,they are saying a high of -2 all week and snow every day.Well after our shotgun hunt 2 week of rain and 50kmh winds the cold and snow would be a welcome sight.Season starts DEC 3rd
can't wait.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Let it snow

Bake North

-2 Gees! I must really be getting old... that doesn't sound fun at all... Good luck stay warm...
Old 11-25-2007, 06:28 PM
Spike

Yeah I would love to see a touch of snow come in here for tomorrows opener here in ohio but we get rain tonight and all day tomorrow now im forced to set home pretty much, man this totally sucks...........Shaun

by the way where ya from?
[align=left] [/align]
Old 11-25-2007, 06:36 PM

shaunm81 Iam in southern Ontario.
sabotloader a couple of the day's they say are supposed to be around -10 but for those day's I will be in my ground blind with a can of sterno going.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:55 PM
Fork Horn

Does it get colder than that up your in area , - 10

I know here in cache valley we aresurrounded by mountains and we get a week of -8 to - 20 below in January . Anything under +5 is just plain COLDDDDDD !!!!!!!!!!!!!

ORIGINAL: sabotloader

Bake North

-2 Gees! I must really be getting old... that doesn't sound fun at all... Good luck stay warm...
Old 11-25-2007, 06:56 PM
Fork Horn

You need to change your handle to FROZEN NORTH !!!!!!!!!

ORIGINAL: Bake North

I was just checking the weather for our muzzy season,they are saying a high of -2 all week and snow every day.Well after our shotgun hunt 2 week of rain and 50kmh winds the cold and snow would be a welcome sight.Season starts DEC 3rd
can't wait.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

UtahRob

oh ya it does, but when it does I do not want to know about it... We have hunted in -20 but i would not want to make a habit of it - but we can rationalize it by saying it is a dry cold so it really is not as bad as it seems... it is all about fooling the mind...

Suppose to be 18 in the morning and I am thinking that is plenty cold... Need to make them elk think the same thing so they will get up in feed in the morning even though there is a full moon tonight...

Old 11-25-2007, 07:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

Anything under +5 is just plain COLDDDDDD !!!!!!!!!!!!!
In my part of the world, that's what we say about +35! I do believe I would die at below 0.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:30 PM
Fork Horn

When we lived in California +35 and foggy , felt way colder than the dry -10 here .

ORIGINAL: sabotloader

UtahRob

oh ya it does, but when it does I do not want to know about it... We have hunted in -20 but i would not want to make a habit of it - but we can rationalize it by saying it is a dry cold so it really is not as bad as it seems... it is all about fooling the mind...

Suppose to be 18 in the morning and I am thinking that is plenty cold... Need to make them elk think the same thing so they will get up in feed in the morning even though there is a full moon tonight...

Old 11-25-2007, 07:34 PM
Fork Horn

I have a can for ya !!
Its a gallon size of sterno !!
So far the coldest i have ever hunted in was +2 and that was duck hunting . I am glad i had my 5mm neoprene waders on . I had a 1/4 of ice on them/me when i was sitting in the cattails .

ORIGINAL: Bake North

shaunm81 Iam in southern Ontario.
sabotloader a couple of the day's they say are supposed to be around -10 but for those day's I will be in my ground blind with a can of sterno going.

Quick Reply: Let it snow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.