Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 My 1st Muzzle loading Buck >

My 1st Muzzle loading Buck

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

My 1st Muzzle loading Buck

Old 11-19-2007, 12:01 PM
Spike

Default My 1st Muzzle loading Buck

Got my first Muzzle Loaderbuck Yesterdaymorning and I'm a happy hunter. I'd like to post a picture but don't know how to scale it down.
Can anyone help? Anyways, I hunted all yesterday morning and nothing. I decided to get out of my stand around 11 for lunch and walked to my car. Got to my car took my primer out ofmy Thompson Center Triumph, put the gun in the case,changed clothingandloaded everything up. I then drove away fromthe property I hunt. As I started to drive away, I see this buck trotting from the neighbors treeline leading into the woods I hunt, about 400 yards parallel from where I was at, I put my car in reverse, parked my car again, got dressed again, and finally went back into the woods. I tried to slowly walked back into the woods with adrenaline pumping through my veins, heart beating faster, starting tofeel the fever.300 yards,200 yards, Creepingslowly to thefunnel that leads to this 5 acrewooded area, itsjust about 150 yards from whereI was at and I saw it, Man, did I really get excited. I got on the ground and crawled about 10 yards and stopped because he started to move, and you what right towards me. He got to about 100 to 120 yards and got broadside. I then looked through my Nikon 3-9x40, cocked my Triumph loaded with 100gr pyrodex pellets and a 250gr barnes red hot expander, took a breath, held it, and shot. The buck dropped right where I shot him.
Nice 8 pointer!

I'd like to load the pic can someone help me....Thanks guys
Old 11-19-2007, 12:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: My 1st Muzzle loading Buck

What picture software do you have?
Old 11-19-2007, 12:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Locate the pic on your computer, then go to http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/ . Click on browse, locate and select the pic. Click on Upload down below.

After the upload completes you will be presented with two sets of addresses for the thumbnail view and the full-sized picture. Left click ONCE in the line for the thumbnail view that says for a forum (primary). When it turns blue, right click that line and left click Copy. Come directly here, right click and Paste into your message body.

Congrats on the deer!
Old 11-19-2007, 12:48 PM
Spike

Old 11-19-2007, 12:50 PM
Spike

Can't get it to work I'lll just post the url, Thanks Guys
Old 11-19-2007, 01:09 PM
Spike

Heres the picture>>>>>>>

[img=http://aycu40.webshots.com/image/33319/2002169598666617561_th.jpg]
Old 11-19-2007, 01:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: acriscenti

Heres the picture>>>>>>>

[img=http://aycu40.webshots.com/image/33319/2002169598666617561_th.jpg]
Beautiful, nice 8 pointer, and for your first ML buck.Congratulations. Chap

PS. If you save the file to a JPG file you can upload it to your post. Clcik on the check box "Embed Picture in Post" and then "Click here to upload!", drill to the file, select it then click OK. Must be less then 100K, but you can clip it to make it fit.

Old 11-19-2007, 02:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

acriscenti

Took me a second but I got it...

I could not get ti to load correctly either... I use Photobucket.com - then select dirrect link - copy and paste...

http://aycu40.webshots.com/image/33319/2002169598666617561_rs.jpg

Shoot! forgot to say OUSTANDING! - you are now hooked....

Old 11-19-2007, 03:47 PM
Fork Horn

Congradulation, that's a nice one. I'm happy to see your wearing a saftey harness.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:02 PM
Dominant Buck

That is a beautiful black powder buck you got there... and I might add a real nice looking rifle and outfit. I bet I can guess what you will be hunting with in the future. And congratulations on making a heck of a shot. I am from the old school of muzzleloaders and any shot over 100 yards is a heck of a shot. Then to plant them where they stand.. the Barnes Expanders are some real good bullets. Because they tend to plant anything they hit...

Quick Reply: My 1st Muzzle loading Buck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.