Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Round Ball Effectiveness >

Round Ball Effectiveness

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Round Ball Effectiveness

Old 10-04-2007, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Round Ball Effectiveness

I shot this nice 7-pointer winter before last on opening day. I was using a .490 roundball with a CVA patch. I got him at just over 70yrds with my TC Carbine using iron sights. It dropped him right in his tracks. Note the scars on his back!! He musta got caught up in a fence or been in a bad fight. He also had one tine broke off. But the rack grew out evenly. I'll tell you what... That is one heck of a gun. Back in my dads drinking days he had shot that gun and put it away dirty. I dug it out of closet 10 years later and brushed it out and a 2" pile of rust came out. I cleaned it all up and ranged it out at a buddies house. It is still very accurate out to about 75yrds. Which isn't bad for such a short barrel....I can't believe after all that abuse, this gun is still accurate. They must have made 'em good back then....