Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 T/C OMEGA ACCURACY? >

T/C OMEGA ACCURACY?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

T/C OMEGA ACCURACY?

Old 09-05-2007, 08:52 PM
Fork Horn

Default T/C OMEGA ACCURACY?

I Have got some different opinions on this gun on another thread,but no one mentioned how many YARDS they are accurate out to,would like to know what combination works the best,I know all guns are different but this is a good start,my cva liked sst/ml's by hornady 300gr.with 50/50 pyrodex any opinions will be appreciated.........Ted
Old 09-05-2007, 09:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: T/C OMEGA ACCURACY?

bucksnortinted

I own several different inlines and while the Omega may not be my favorite tonight it sertainly lieves up to it's billing it is great ML.

Accuracy, should not be a problem unless you might be shooting the black sunthetic stock. The stock is flexible and at some point will move into the barrel and cause POI to change. If you have one like I do and you do your homework the gun will shoot great.

I do not shoot designer bullets, can not afford them... for deer I shoot a 260 grain Nosler partion, pushed by 110 grain of T7-2f and/or a 250 grain Speer Gold Dot (more affordable bullet). You can shoot this bullet to 175 yards just by pointing and shooting.200 yards with one these low BC bullets does require a sight adjustment and practice.... For elk I just switch to a 300 grain Nosler .458 or a 300 grain .452 Gold Dot. And they actually have a higher BC so they will shoot fine to200. In fact the Gold Dot has a BC of.232 and the SST has a BC of .250 so for a lot less money you can shoot more.

The longest shot I have taken with the Omega is a 170+ yard shot a small toe head whitetail this past year... I knew it was a longer than normal shoot but it surprised me when i ranged it after the shot.

Omega - great gun with some minor quirks... but probably being replaced by the Triumph although I like the longer barrel of the Omega.... I think the Triumph is 24"....

Old 09-05-2007, 10:45 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-06-2007, 05:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: T/C OMEGA ACCURACY?

ORIGINAL: cma3366a

Let me preface my reply by saying I'm brand new to MLing, I have owned my Omega less than a month, and have only shot 1 load, 2 50Gr Pyro pellets and a 250gr Shockwave, But already I'm happy with what I'm seeing from my Omega, its decently accurate with this basic load (working on getting powder measure, loose powders, and a variety of bullets, may wait till after hunting season), but more importantly to me, it's consistant day to day, and shot to shot. Its cold clean shot falls in the same place the subsuquent shots do. So far I'm more than pleased, I can only imagine what it will do with some load and MLshooterdevelopment. 100yds, the first cold clean shot is the hole i the middle of the diamond.

Nice shooting. I use my Omega for NY Shotgun hunting also, and you can't beat them for killing power and accuracy. I use Nosler Partitions HG (Hand gun) 300g Protected Point bullets in my Omega, they shoot about an 1.5" at 100 yards:
http://www.the-gleasons.com/noslerpartition300g.htm

Chap Gleason