Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 the new cva electra >

the new cva electra

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

the new cva electra

Old 08-25-2007, 01:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default the new cva electra

I posted this in another forum, Do ya'll think I am close on the brake down on the problems that may come with it. And has anyone even considered this ML.
I was reading the specs on this electric muzzleloader and found some bugs I donot think the enganeer did not think of.
1:9volt battery infact just about any battery licks after a while in storage
2:the electodes will go bad in a few years if not shorter (depends on the area)

3: it could short out thus missfire
4: if you drop it you could mess up the ignition system could get damaged
5: if any thing goes wrong you'll have to send it back to cva for service
I like to know what ya'll think. do you think cva thought about and I listed
Old 08-25-2007, 10:45 AM

Default RE: the new cva electra

they wouldnt put a product out on the market if they thought it was junk. As for having to send it back for service, you have to do that any way when your muzzleloader needs warranty work.
Old 08-25-2007, 02:49 PM
Dominant Buck

IMO it is a gimmick. I would love to play with one, but would have no desire to own one. I am sure the rifle has been tested because of the electronic ignition,.. carry extra batteries, and you should be fine. Like most CVA rifles, it should produce good accuracy.
Old 08-25-2007, 06:11 PM

I can't believe so much negative comments are being made about a gun that none have own or shot. I purchased one and I've been shooting guns of all types for 60 years and being a retired electronic engineer I can tell you CVA has a great product in their new Electra Arc. If you drive a modern car your life depends on many complex electronic circuits working as you travel along. I looked over the list of things that could go wrong. I could give a more pratical list of what does go wrong with many existing muzzle loaders, but why bother.The CVA will not let a cap fall off, have the tripple -7 ring caused bya too hot primer and the lock time is the fastest I've ever shot in any gun.The battery will not be a problem in cold weather if, as they suggest using a lithium batteryI don't hunt any more but if I did this would be the one gun I would use. And I have many muzzleloaders to chose from. A large number of people walk around every day with an electronic pace maker and are darn glad because of it. The biggest problem I've ever hand in a circuit design is the mechanical components failing. 80% of car repairs are mechanical problems.... I'll just bet if you would shoot one of these rifles you too would be surprised in its performance. Charles
Old 08-25-2007, 06:49 PM

ORIGINAL: corey012778
"...I like to know what ya'll think..."
A solution in search of a problem...a marketing ploy to lure a few new customers...has about as much properplace in the world of what is supposed to be known as the grand old American sport of"muzzleloading" as a Leupold scope does.
Old 08-25-2007, 07:20 PM

Ever seen an electrical device fail in wet conditions? Leave one out in the rain and see what happens. Well that happens in hunting situations. The last day I hunted it was freezing rain. I had an 1/8" of ice on my gun when I quit for the day. A few years ago I was hunting in a downpour. Everything got soaked except my powder. Where I hunt you can never be sure of the weather. Some years it's dry as a bone, while some years you feel like a fish. Last year we got over a foot of snow the day before one of our short seasons. I coudn't even getout of my driveway. When you only get a handful of days to hunt you hunt regardless of the weather. A rainy day is just another hunting day. I have yet to see any electrical device survive after that kind of abuse over an extended period of time. I refuse to use an electrical scope of either a reddot or illuminated reticle style for that very reason.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:07 PM

There's horrible story from Alaska about a guy hunting with one of these electric muzzle loaders. His partner said hehad a 20 foot shot on a charging Kodiak.Huge one.....over 1,200 pounds.

The last thing he said to his wife before leaving to hunt was,

"Hon.....did you put in a fresh battery?"

His wife thought he was talking about the Smoke Detector. It was awful. They said he set the Fairbanks Mercy Hospital record for stitches. Emptied two Bloodmobiles, too.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:39 PM
Typical Buck

electra ignition is to a 209 primer, as a release is to finger tabs .........
Old 08-28-2007, 08:45 PM

If im not mistaken, I believe someones drop action muzzleloader froze up on them one hunting season.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

A local gun shop got 2 of them in, no one could figure out how to clean them and no one seemed to want one, everyone thought it would be more problems then a reg. ML.

The stock was ugly too. lol

Quick Reply: the new cva electra

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.