Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

New Triumph

Old 08-14-2007, 01:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default New Triumph

It lives up to my expectations +. It has kept the area around the 209 spotless no outside fouling at all [this suprised me] its easy to clean if you go at it right.The trigger pull is superb,I usually work them over but I wont touch this one. Yesterday I put it to the AR test shot in 95 degree temp with the barrel so hot I did not want to hold on to it and the group @ 100 yds only opened up to two inches so I can trust it in our weather [we have 3 climes here comfortable,hot and hoter. I would like to hear from other Triumph owners to see if we are all getting the same results, or any one else that has a comment. Lee
Old 08-14-2007, 04:03 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: New Triumph

Well you did not even post a picture of that pretty new rifle for drooling purposes?? That is just plain cruel.

It sounds like Thompson Center has another winner in the stables from all the posts I read and one magazine artical (but I tend to take magazine articals with a grain of salt. Give me a new rifle and I could be real kind also.... NOT! (as my anoying little nephew likes to scream out) )

If you have shot or handled an Omega a lot.. how do you compare the two? Is that twist and pull breech plug as easy as it looks on the TV commercials? Also what kind of load were you shooting? I was told that they like good stiff powder charges...
Old 08-14-2007, 05:00 PM

I got to handle one at Cabela's. Pretty nice guns. The finger removable breech plug is what surprises me.
Old 08-14-2007, 07:44 PM
Fork Horn

I looked at one at the Bass Pro in Charlotte... It really looks like a heck of a gun,,, it shoulder nice and maybe even felt a little better than my Omega. I would like to have some checkering on the stock, but that's only a small complaint... overall it will be hard to beat.
Old 08-14-2007, 07:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

cayugad,I posted a pic and the first three targets I shot with it. The breech plug works just like its supposed to and there is no blow back or by the 209's slide in and out with ease no sticking at all so far.
So far I have tried several bullets SW,XTP and Gold Dot all with 100 and 120 grs of RS with 777 209 and the old win 209 with a cool barrel they grouped at 1 inch or better the temp was up close to 100 when I was shooting yesterday and with a smoking hot barrel it still stayed under 2 inches. It shoots the 50/40 200gr SW but it wont shoot the 50/40-180 Gold dot at least not with 100gr. So far it has shot most loads to the same POI and the scope I am using is an old Bushnell 1x4x 32 since the 2x7x40 Swift I ordered has not come in yet [I am suprised this old junk scope will hold groups like this] Lee
PS I ordered the one with the plating and they sent me the blue one so the dealer gave me a price break got it for 275 + tax now thats almost as good as the Z5 Omega I got at the Walmart sale for 150 and I would not have believed it but it shoots just as good ,I have had HP rifles that did not shoot as good. Lee
Old 08-14-2007, 08:55 PM
Dominant Buck

I went back and looked at your picture of the Triumph (and all the other rifles). That really is a nice looking rifle. For the price you got that for, you sure can not complain. Also those first targets are some real keepers.

Between the Triumph and the Knight Rolling Block I like, my goodness that would be a lot of new rifles to get. I better just stop looking at them.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

and I know that I do not want to look... looking leads to trouble... well that is not all the truth I do want to look but I can not afford to look....
Old 08-14-2007, 11:40 PM

Just march right in there and tell Terry that you MUST have this new gun..........

You will most likely wake up and the bruises and swelling will eventually go away.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well I can get away with one a year the old ones wear out you know. Lee
Old 08-15-2007, 08:37 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: lemoyne

I posted a pic and the first three targets I shot with it.

Okay, call me stupid, but where are these pics??? Icant seem to find them.

BTW, Ive got one too (a triumph that is). I havent shot it yet though. I was chompin at the bit, f inally got one, and now i havnt shot it. I got the camo/ws.

Quick Reply: New Triumph

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.