Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 ENCORE POWDER AND LOAD COMBINATIONS? >

ENCORE POWDER AND LOAD COMBINATIONS?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

ENCORE POWDER AND LOAD COMBINATIONS?

Old 08-15-2007, 10:29 AM

Default RE: ENCORE POWDER AND LOAD COMBINATIONS?

It is strange how Thompson won't support the aftermarket guys that help IMPROVE there gun but its true. Mike Bellm and a few others are a great asset and I believe they make the guns more shootable and possibly even safer. The Ruger 1022 has probably the most modified and best seller for years because there are so many aftermarket pieces for that gun. If Thompson would give a little support then this would happen with there stuff too.

The Encore is a excellent gun but can be made 10 times better with some fine tuning like I described before. In my Muzzleloader group there are guys that are just now starting to realize just how accurate these things can be after seeing the groups I shoot. I am always more then happy to share all info and even hand over my gun for someone to try out.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:51 AM

i read that the oversized wedge pin voids the rifles warranty. I dont see why they dont fix this problem before going out the factory and onto the shelves at stores.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:52 AM
Typical Buck

I just got back from my range building a load in the encore with a 458 405 grain bullet. I was loadind 90 gr of pinnnale 2f and schockly gold 3f. I used a 45 crushed rib sabot 45 cal high pressure. 1 inc groups at 25 yds with t c 1x scope. This bullet has potential I think.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:02 PM

1" groups @ 25 yards isnt going to give you very good 100 yard accuracy. I was shooting 3/4" groups with my flintlock @ 50 and they opened up to 2" at 100 yards. You could probably expect 3-4" groups @ 100.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:08 PM
Typical Buck

with a 1x scope I cannot get the cross hair finer than 1 inch it about covers a 1 inch red circle at that range. So I thought that was fairly good.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:33 PM
Fork Horn

If your Pro-Hunter will not shoot in the 1 to 1 1/2" range wiht 3 777 pellets and a 250 shockwave something may be wrong with the gun... the oversized pin is a solution waiting on a problem IMHO. These are darn good guns with a darn good price so I would contact TC if it will not shoot.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:19 PM
Typical Buck

I am not shooting a 250 buy in the store bullet I cast my own and they are loaded with loose powder. I won't spend 100 a bulet to shoot when I can cast my own and do it for 25 cents. It takes a little load work up.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:26 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Johnmorris

I just got back from my range building a load in the encore with a 458 405 grain bullet. I was loadind 90 gr of pinnnale 2f and schockly gold 3f. I used a 45 crushed rib sabot 45 cal high pressure. 1 inc groups at 25 yds with t c 1x scope. This bullet has potential I think.
Nice shooting1" groups with a 1x scope at any range is great
Again nice shooting
Redclub
Old 08-16-2007, 08:02 AM

I have the standard encore. I use to shoot 100gr of pyrdx select with 250 gr bullet. Accuracy wasn't bad but now I shoot 100 gr of Schocky Gold with a 250 gr super glide T/C. Groups are 1" or less at 100yds. Haven't tried T-7, however I use the powder not the pellets. Seemed to be a more consistant burn. Last year I did try the American Pioneer Powder, could not get a consistant three shot group for nothing. The Schocky Gold and bullet combo I spoke of seems to work fine for me. Might try dropping down to a 180 gr bullet with 100gr charge. Some like this one too. Good Luck, Keep ur powder dry, Rodney
Old 08-17-2007, 12:34 AM
Fork Horn

Here is what I did at the range today with my Encore using three 50 grain Pyrodex pellets, T/C Shockwave 250 grain bullet and VariFlame primers (with small rifle primers). This load is getting better every time I shoot it…I even tried reducing the load of powder but the group just went to about 3”. I was using the Nikon Omega 3x9 BDC scope also.

Quick Reply: ENCORE POWDER AND LOAD COMBINATIONS?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.