Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Idaho reconsidering??? >

Idaho reconsidering???

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Idaho reconsidering???

Old 07-28-2007, 03:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Idaho reconsidering???

I think they should ban snowmobiles nationwide. Don't need one in Louisiana.
Old 07-28-2007, 03:10 PM
Fork Horn

Yes its still fer sale. Still NIB.
Old 07-28-2007, 03:33 PM

...i know my stuff. Just experience.
translation: EXPERT.

Old 07-28-2007, 03:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

FG

Just so you know, I hunt all year with a ML (I have for about 7-8 years now), but during our rifle seasonI do use a scoped, 209 or 25 ACP ignition and sabotted bullets. Duringour ML seasonI revert back to a TC sidehammer, i would prefer to still use the better performing Nosler or Gold Dot as we use to be able to do - I truly beleive they are a more humane bullet, but i think I have found a good alternative in the 460 grain Bullshop.

I think you also forget that at one time we did have a "traditional season" and a "ML" season that answered your new found fondness for the traditional side of things. I believe at one time Idaho had it close to right for the benefit of most of the Idaho hunters. But the as with anything in politics the squeaky wheel does get heard and unfortunately the the traditional people that can not accept the inline got their wish - which has now kinda stirred up a hornest nest.

I can live with either ruling and I am old enough that it is not going to be that big of a bother, but when 38 states seem to make ML season work with open rules it is funny when 7 and now 8 have to go another direction.

Old 07-28-2007, 03:52 PM

ORIGINAL: Semisane

I think they should ban snowmobiles nationwide. Don't need one in Louisiana.
i agree with that. And those damn yuppie skiers that run elk out of their winter grounds and end up killing them. last year 11 elk died from skiers running them out and pressuring them. All 11 died from starvation and the amounts of pressure they put on them. Most of them were in the Vail colorado area.

This is the type of crap hunters should be arguing about to state officals. Snowmobiles have been tearing up the forests in Route county. They are a PITA. Its bad for hunters to shoot an animal that they will eat, but its okay for some morons on ski's to chace them around until they drop from exhaustion and then starve and die.[:'(]

Speed boats too. If your ever in Illinois, Check out that nasty Fox river with all the oil floating on top. Talk about disgusting. I cant tell you how much of that water i swallowed and ended up being sick for 2 weeks. Thats the last time i ever try to water ski .
Old 07-28-2007, 03:59 PM

ORIGINAL: cascadedad

...i know my stuff. Just experience.
translation: EXPERT.

Nah, if i was an expert, i'd start my own website claiming to be one

when it comes to things such as buicks, pitbulls, winchester x-150 , mountain rifles, i know a good amount of stuff on those topics. But if you prefer to call me an expert and look up to me, which it seems like you do, thats cool with me. Im just voicing my opnions like everyone else. I mean, after all i never had this forum when i started out, heck i didnt even have the internet. Everything i learned in those first 5 years was all done by myself in reading about muzzleloading and trying new things. Its pretty bad when i take my rifle to a gun smith and then tell him how it works and what i need fixed. Come to think of it, i only went to him once and that was the last time after he screwed up my rifle. If you want it done right, gotta do it yourself these days.
Old 07-28-2007, 04:10 PM

ORIGINAL: Nimrodder

Yes its still fer sale. Still NIB.
I'll get back to you on it either monday or tuesday. Im going to a rendezvous sunday so they might have a different toy. But i'd really like to pick that elkhorn up. I'll let you know in a few days.
Old 07-28-2007, 06:45 PM

ORIGINAL: sabotloader

FG
. . . .

I think you also forget that at one time we did have a "traditional season" and a "ML" season that answered your new found fondness for the traditional side of things. I believe at one time Idaho had it close to right for the benefit of most of the Idaho hunters. But the as with anything in politics the squeaky wheel does get heard and unfortunately the the traditional people that can not accept the inline got their wish - which has now kinda stirred up a hornest nest.

. . . . . when 38 states seem to make ML season work with open rules it is funny when 7 and now 8 have to go another direction.
SL you got it right on the money!!! If the traditionalists don't want others muzzleloading, they should campaign for a separate ML season for traditional restrictions, not ruin it for others who also pay taxes in the state.

There are archery seasons all over too. Using FG's logic, archery seasons should be reserved for only the true archers who use longbows! Eliminate those counterfitters who call themselves archers when they use recurves, compounds, or crossbows. And forget anyone who uses plastic fletching, fiberglass shafts, or tips that open on impact!

In other words p--- on anybody who doesn't like to do it exactly the same way I do.

Old 07-28-2007, 06:47 PM
Fork Horn

I have been ML'ing since Dec. 2000 and have been on the net for all of that time... there are very few posters that I have read that post with as much confidence that they are right as FG... Randy Wakeman, TripleSeven, and Bob Williams come immediately to mind though...
Old 07-28-2007, 07:11 PM

i dont get it. cant someone else voice their opinion? I've stuck up for powerbelt bullets because i know they work and i get the run around story about how they dont work from others, and than another forum member, does the same testing and finds out that i was right! they dont explode when they hit something hard. Yet hardly anyone ever posted a reply about his findings on the powerbelt. Im compititve, i'll admit that, i enjoy a challenge. Flintlocks are something i have not yet gotten the hang of yet but i am learning as much as i can about the 2 flintlocks i do own. For years i stuck with 2" groups with my winchester until you guys here started talking about free floating the barrels and such. Which got to me and i did and man was i happy i free floated it. Im just standing up for product that i actually use and know that work. Just telling everyone about what ive experienced, now if that makes me a so called " expert" I'll start charging. As for hunting with a stick bow, Im all for it! I also own a 1960s ben pearson recurve that i enjoy shooting now and then. Im good out to 15-20 yards with it so far, which i think will be the max as i am unsure of what kind of speeds it shoots. Slow, thats for sure. So now if I feel that idaho should stick to their traditional muzzleloaders only, Thats my opinion, voice your opinion all you want, but dont start making things up and accusing me of calling myself an expert and claiming that I am always right. Ive asked for PLENTY of help on here in the year that ive been on here. Ive also helped get people on track and set them in the right direction. As many of you who knew me since day one, I think we all can easily say how much i have toned down than when i first came on here. Arguing will get you, me and others No where and helps No one who comes in here asking for help or opinions. I stated my opinion on ID F&G, if any of you cant handle someone elses opinion, then thats a problem you have to work out.
We've all learned things from eachother on this forum.

Quick Reply: Idaho reconsidering???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.