Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 THOMPSON CENTER PRO HUNTER >

THOMPSON CENTER PRO HUNTER

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

THOMPSON CENTER PRO HUNTER

Old 07-11-2007, 08:25 PM
Spike

Default THOMPSON CENTER PRO HUNTER

anyone had a problem with the winchester triple 7 209 primers in a tc pro hunter?remington kleanbores and cci's will let my barrel close but when i try to use the winchester's the barrel wont lock unless i close it hard3 or 4 times them it will close and let the hammer cock.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: THOMPSON CENTER PRO HUNTER

I've actually used the Triple 7 primers for my last 100 shots and had the problem with 1 of them. I just figured it was seated properly and when I reopend and closed the action, it worked fine.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Check that your breech plug and its seat are completely clean and that the plug is seated properly with no burrs or dirt ect on the seat. They work fine for most of use. Lee
Old 07-13-2007, 05:49 AM
Spike

How much you lookin to spend...i can get you one
Old 07-16-2007, 07:33 AM

I use the Vari-Flame adapter from Precision Bullet with CCI large rifle primers. Cabelas sells them. Was skeptical at first but there is definately accuracy improvement over shotshell style primers. It works great with no problems.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:14 PM
Spike

the remington and cci's are working fine,but you put a winchester triple 7 209 in and the barrell wont lock unless you slam it 4 or 5 times
Old 07-16-2007, 05:05 PM
Dominant Buck

I have no experience with your rifle or problem, but have you contacted Thompson Center with this? Spending the kind of money you did for such a quality rifle, they had better have answers...
Old 07-16-2007, 05:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

Might not be the gun'sproblem. After all, the Remington and CCIs work OK. Maybe that lot of Winchester primers has an extra thick or malformed flange.

(Anyway, CCIs are better than Win T-7s, at least in my gun.)
Old 07-17-2007, 08:15 AM
Typical Buck

I have used T7 cci and remington primers in my encore w/o problems Also variflame adaptor. I would calllT C and winchester.
Old 07-22-2007, 04:35 PM

I have had the same problem. The triple 7 primers are about .003 - .004 longer than the other primers. I like the fact that they fit so tight there is no blow back. you won't like this but, I put my plug in a vice, eye 7 ear protection and placed each primer in the plug and LIGHTLY tapped it with a flat faced hammer. It reduces the length of the primer and they work fine. No nothing went off!!!

Quick Reply: THOMPSON CENTER PRO HUNTER

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.