Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Shooting the new T/C 1X scope >

Shooting the new T/C 1X scope

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Shooting the new T/C 1X scope

Old 06-30-2007, 07:36 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Shooting the new T/C 1X scope

Today I was playing with the White .504 Ultra Mag and the "new" Thompson Center 1X scope at 50 yards. I was trying all kinds of powders. Some of the powders did well, and some no so well. The end of the day I used the standby load of 70 grains of Triple Se7en 3f and some 500 grain BullShop Conicals. I saw they were hitting a little high and to the left, so I adjusted my POI a little to sneak the last three in there.

Then for kicks, I had an old Master Lock Co. padlock that was locked of course and the key had been lost a long time ago. Remember the commercial where they shoot the Master Padlock with a high power rifle and it does not open. Well 70 grains of Triple Se7en 3f and a 500 grain Bull Shop conical blew that lock into pieces. I mean literally little pieces. There was layers of lock all over the place. And that was from 50 yards mind you.

Good thing I was not wearing my Timex watch. I might have started to wonder if it could take a lickin and keep on tickin...

Like a lot of you.. I like shooting things other then paper. I makes the range a lot more exciting.
Old 07-01-2007, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Shooting the new T/C 1X scope

Good shootin' bud! I can just see that monster 500 grainer blasting that lock to pieces.... awesome!
Old 07-01-2007, 07:28 AM
Typical Buck

I've always wanted to do that with one of those locks. Nice shooting.
Old 07-01-2007, 09:55 AM
Fork Horn

to bad you didnt video the lock....you could ahve sent it in and called their BS.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:22 AM
Dominant Buck

Well this was not a top of the line Master Lock.. just one with a long shank that used to be on my boat trailer. Still it was a multi layered steel lock. I managed to find the very bottom plate and three plates torn in half. Where the shank went I have no idea.

Old 07-01-2007, 02:59 PM

Great job again Dave!

Sure hope after you got done with Dan he has enough lead to make me a few bullets. I am patiently waiting on an order (actually sabotloader's order) to get some .503 460s to shoot out of my Lightning. After I try a few powder combos and figure out what it likes, I will put the peep sights on the Lightning and mount the scope on the U-M where it will likely stay for awhile.

I also did get the new Shaver Inserts for the Lyman Globe front sight I really want to try. Don't think the new Williams front sight pusher will push the Lyman front sight though. [:@][:'(][] May have to take it to a machinist friend and have him mill a little more clearance into the pusher.

Besides that, I picked up a pound of 777 3f yesterday. I have so many new things to try!!!
Old 07-01-2007, 05:28 PM
Dominant Buck

I'm pretty well set for bullets. I had ordered 500 of them and when I heard postal rates might increase, I ordered 500 more. So I have around 800 left to shoot. I also got some of the 460 grain .503 to shoot out of my Black Diamond XR. Next time out, I am getting some .501 and see if I can get that Knight to shoot some kind of conical other then Sabertooth good. I wonder what diameter the Saber tooth conicals are?