Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Fixed the 45!

Old 05-17-2007, 08:50 PM

Default Fixed the 45!

After finding 3 tumblers and all of them not fitting the deercreek lock "cva" I finally went through the closet and grabbed the lock that im going to use when i build the traditions frontier gander .36 rifle. Lock slid in perfectly into the deercreek stock! It didnt have a fly hole so i also had to install a single trigger from the traditions. I'll have to do a little adjusting on the tumbler to get the trigger pull where i want it, but so far it looks like i'll be shooting it tomorrow. Oh, and i also took note to the traditions .36 barrel fitting into the deercreek stock. Try to fix one thing and i find i got an entire new rifle i never knew i had!

Old 05-18-2007, 08:47 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Fixed the 45!

That is a nice looking rifle. Also that rear sight you have on that rifle. For some reason I really like that sight and can focus with that kind of a sight real well. No explaination for it, they just work for me. Glad to see your back up and shooting again.
Old 05-18-2007, 01:32 PM

Keepin the traditions lock on the deercreek! Just finished shooting and got the best groups ever with this new lock on the rifle. 80 grains T7, 285 grain great plains bullet @ 50 yards. 2 3/8" High at 50 and dead on at 100 yards. Heres the 50 yard target. Single trigger was smooth and had less creep than the double triggers i had on it originally. Maybe 2 1/2lb trigger pull.

Old 05-18-2007, 01:51 PM
Dominant Buck

WOW!! that is some good shooting. I have a lot of double trigger rifles, but a good single trigger is just as good. My lyman has a single trigger that is second to none. Crisp, breaks clean, and hardly any creep. That is some good shooting. That should put you in the ball park real good out at 100+ yards if you wants. Nice shooting!!!
Old 05-18-2007, 02:09 PM

[:@][:@] I go to take the rifle apart to clean and SOB! Now the sear is broke! You think maybe the recoil from the heavier bullets has something to do with it?

Allright, rifle's fixed again. Used my stepbros bobcat sear and its working great again. The other sear snapped off at the tip. Horrible day today. Just got inside sighting ONE lug nut on my truck, broke the 19mm mac socket, split it in 3 places and then the chrome covering they put over the nuts on the mag wheels, came off, stripped the lug. Luckily i was able to use a hammer and knock the cover back on and get the lug off. What a SOB that was! Im sweating more than i did on the 4 mile hike i took saturday. Im not going to press my luck, Im taking the rest of the day off