Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 NOT ACCEPTABLE! Maxi's puked today >

NOT ACCEPTABLE! Maxi's puked today

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

NOT ACCEPTABLE! Maxi's puked today

Old 03-30-2007, 02:39 PM

Default NOT ACCEPTABLE! Maxi's puked today

After getting the nipple fixed and getting it on sight, i shot 3 maxi hunters @ 50 yards and did great on the first shot, 2nd shot was 8 1/8" from the first shot, 3ed shot was 8 3/4" from the second shot! Not acceptable! i loaded up 2 powerbelts to see what was going on, aimed at the bottom of the orange circle, fired, checked it out, First shot is letter A, fired one more powerbelt, aimed the same way, shot #2 is letter B. I havnt given up yet on the maxi's, im going to clean the rifle and wait for a warm day so i can use the 4wheeler and my bean bag and see what it does then. So far im set with using the powerbelts this season.

Old 03-30-2007, 03:19 PM

Default RE: NOT ACCEPTABLE! Maxi's puked today

Well, based on your tests yesterday, you know what they can do.

Just trying a couple today and having one wild flyer could have been caused by the conical base being nicked or not started in perfect alignment to the bore, etc...something had to push it off course like to fly so far up and out...it's not the conicals per se.

I always use oxyoke wonderwads under mine to keep the fire off the base so the lead won't get soft and leave leadingin the bore...and Imake sure its setting good and straight in the crown of the muzzle before sharply punching it into the lands with a short starter to keep it in straight alignment.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:26 PM

Default RE: NOT ACCEPTABLE! Maxi's puked today

Yeah it could have been one of those days. Day started off bad as i drank 5 cups of coffee on an empty stomach and 30 minutes later broke out into a cold sweat from all the coffee. I got it all cleaned up now and ready to go for tomorrows session. I just find it weird how the powerbelts groups while the others were just being sprayed all over. I'll have to pick up some of those felt wads. This replacement nipple sure did the trick.