Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 PowerBelts and Randy Wakeman >

PowerBelts and Randy Wakeman

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

PowerBelts and Randy Wakeman

Old 03-19-2007, 05:15 PM

Default RE: PowerBelts and Randy Wakeman

They work great for me as long asI use the right ones of the job and my gun. I shot my first deer with them and couldn't be happier.

I don't like that price tag though. I no longer use them. I'm all for the XTP's now. They perform just as good if not better.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:35 PM

Gotta check ebay from time to time. Just bought 60, 225 grain copper plated .45's for $42 shipped.

Would have cost me $60 + shipping from cabelas and they charge up the rear for S/H...
Old 03-19-2007, 06:11 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: frontier gander

ever get any conical to group well?
Yes... many. Of course I shoot a White...

ORIGINAL: frontier gander
RW will pretty much put anything down if its not on his payroll.
Not true... he has plenty good to say about the Knight DISC Elite and Extreme, Encore, A&H inlines of any stripe, and even a White.

He likes Sightron SII, Bushnell 3200 and 4200, Millet scopes, etc. Lot's of stuff that doesn't seem to be on the payroll...
Old 03-20-2007, 02:59 PM
Fork Horn

The powerbelt has been very accurate in most of my guns. Only shot one deer, used a 348HP, range was 5 yards. Needless to say the bullet didn't hold together. My biggest beef with the powerbelt is the cost. I shoot too much to buy bullets that cost a dollar apiece.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Nimrodder

Needless to say the bullet didn't hold together.
Overpowered at close range, therefore fragmented, happens quite a bit. Recommend a SabreTooth, which is stronger and better constructed bullet.
Chap Gleason
Old 03-21-2007, 06:28 AM
Fork Horn

I have shot Powerbelts .50 cal, 223gr aerotips for almost 3 years out of my CVA Kodiak Mag. Usually shoot on top of 100gr of777 pellets. I consistently hit pop cans at 150 yards. I have taken5 deer with this gun all passthrough shots. All shots were between 50 and 125 yards. None of the deer went more then 75 yards. I have heard all the horror stories on Powerbelts, but they have preformed great for me.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

If you check with the company that makes them they will tell you that they do not recomend heavy loads. The Sabor Tooth on the other hand shoots the same holds together much better even with heavy loads but none of them come close to the SW's for accuracy at 200yds. Different strokes for different folks every body should use what they like and be tolerant of what other folks like. Lee
Old 03-21-2007, 01:43 PM
Fork Horn

Great concept, but I couldn't get the 245s to shoots good groups out of my Wolf. Went back to XTP's and nice groups again. Plus I get more bullets for my $$$. Figure out your gun, that's really what its all about.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:53 AM
Dominant Buck

Tree climber

Addicted to HNI

The 50 cal. M/L will do the trick fine. I shoot a 45 cal M/L as does my wife and we have no problems.these are just 2 my wife has taken with B/P 45 cal wit 225 powerbelts 2 , 50 grain pellets.

Old 03-22-2007, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have only used the hollow point bullets from power belt I forget what the weight was 300 and something. I have to say they were very accurate I was shocked at the range at their consistency. But I used these same bullets on Whitetailed deer and didn't like them one bit.They seem to explode inside a deer and not mushroom as advertised. If your just shooting at the range I highly recommend them but as for hunting I don't recommend them. But like you say that's just my opinion.
As far as Wakeman goes I had something happening to me on the range and when I reported on it he basically called me a lier That I wasn't seeing what I was seeing. Personally I think he is a stuck up bum. Again that's just my opinion.

Quick Reply: PowerBelts and Randy Wakeman

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.