Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Where do you guys get most of your ml supplies? >

Where do you guys get most of your ml supplies?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Where do you guys get most of your ml supplies?

Old 02-10-2007, 08:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Where do you guys get most of your ml supplies?

Theres nobody selling hardly anything around here. Only thing I seen all day resembling bp stuff was several bottle of Black Off for 1.00 a bottle clearance at Wally world..I bought 8 bottles..lol. I dont think theres a roundball to be bought for a 50 cal in the area.
Old 02-10-2007, 08:42 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Where do you guys get most of your ml supplies?

I purchase a lot of my items from different stores. I watch for sales or wait until I have a nice large order so that the shipping equals out a little.
Old 02-10-2007, 08:52 PM
Typical Buck

Well for one I buy all my bp at the only place that sells it around here. My other propellents I buy where ever it is on sale. I find bullets where ever want.

Primers I buy at stores that sell reloading supplies. Much cheaper.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Fort Chambers, Chambersburg PA. Dixie Gun Works, Track of the Wolf, Pecatonica Longrifles, Muzzleloader Supply Co., October Country, and several lock makers......
Old 02-11-2007, 09:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

depends what it is..some i get at BP shops..some stuff like cleaning supplies and such ill get at walmart when they go on sale. some i order.

rmcspots(think thats the name) is one of my favorites..
Old 02-11-2007, 10:36 AM

DD,

I have had good luck with Cabelas and Midway USA. For sabots,
MMP is pretty easy to deal with. Bullets and cleaning stuff is
pretty easy to get. Midway likes to tack on extra shipping costs.
Powder and primers are a problem money wise, because they
charge a hazmat fee. Just use Google search and enter in what
you are needing. You should be able to find it.
Tim
Old 02-11-2007, 10:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I order all of my stuff off of the internet. I get some of it as Sportsmans Warehouse.

www.cabelas.com
www.trackofthewolf.com
www.dixiegun.com
www.rmcsports.com
www.octobercountry.com
Old 02-11-2007, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bullets, shot, CCI magprimers (mag rifle, large rifle, small rifle and shot gun), some sabots I usally buy at Williams when I take atrip there. Some bullets, wads shot (when it is on sale) at GanderMountian, Jays sporting goods and Dicks sporting goods.
I have just started buying my sabots derict from MMP.

[]Use caution when shopping at Jays sporting goodsAND Williams. The used rifle racks can become a money drain. You have been warned.

[:@]Used to get every thing at Ye Old Black Powder Shop but it closed up. Much closer to home and personal service was to be had there.

Al
Old 02-11-2007, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Doe Dumper

Theres nobody selling hardly anything around here. Only thing I seen all day resembling bp stuff was several bottle of Black Off for 1.00 a bottle clearance at Wally world..I bought 8 bottles..lol. I dont think theres a roundball to be bought for a 50 cal in the area.
Powder and primer I buy local or a gun show (got a 1/lb bottle of 777 for $18.50 at a Gun Show in Chantilly Va about 2 weeks ago) or I buy at the Eastern Outdoors Show in Harrisburg Pa. Patches RMC sports sells a 500 pack for $9, just bought some at the Show. Cleaner Walmart, Rusty Duck or rubbing Alochol any drug store--91%. Bullets-- MidSouth and Cabelas carry about all I need. That is ML supplies.

For hunting supplies:
Tree Stands---Dikc'sin their Fall Sale or after season from Cabelas or make my own using this design:
http://www.the-gleasons.com/low_cost_tree_stands_for_hunting.htm
Clothing and boots--Cabelas.

Chap Gleason Va
Old 02-11-2007, 11:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

I assume you are talking "traditional" since you mentioned round balls...Do yourself a favor, buy a bullet mold...Round balls are the easiest of all projectiles to mold and the mold will last for the rest of your life...I use a "bag" mold by Rapine, but I like being more pc than most guys, Lee and several others make round ball molds...You don't need a fancy setup, I use an old Coleman gas stove, lead goes into a can that vegetables came in, I borrowed a old spoon from the kitchen and use SnoSeal to flux....So the only thing I bought other than the mold is a ladle...

Patches...Go to Walmart, Hobby Lobby etc...a bolt of 100% cotton pillow ticking is about $4.00..That will make a bunch of patches...

I lube with SnoSeal, have for 30 years or so...I clean the barrel with rubbing alcohol...

You probably shoot percussion, I shoot a flintlock...I ordered 100 or so a few years back and still have plenty....

The Goex distributor in NC is about a hour and thirty minutes, so I just make a trip over there when I need powder...

Quick Reply: Where do you guys get most of your ml supplies?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.