Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Advice on turkey gun please >

Advice on turkey gun please

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Advice on turkey gun please

Old 01-29-2007, 04:50 PM
Fork Horn

Default Advice on turkey gun please

Advice needed on a turkey gun. I want something in camo and for my first ML shotgun I want an inline. Which do you feel is the better choice. Here are the options.

Knight TK-2000

CVA Optima Pro 12ga

White Tominator

Traditions Pursuit Pro 12ga

I wanted to do a poll but it is not an option in this section. Thanks.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:05 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Advice on turkey gun please

I like the Knight TK2000 but I hear the recoil can be ruff. I have not shot one, but have tried to purchase one on different auction sites.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: cayugad

I like the Knight TK2000 but I hear the recoil can be ruff. I have not shot one, but have tried to purchase one on different auction sites.
I've seen the TK2000 on those T.V. shows. They got the job done there. But I have to admit, the coolest nameis "TOMINATOR". I bet it would Tominate a tom turkey as well as any.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:16 PM
Dominant Buck

The White Tominator would be my second choice, but since White is not in business, you have to think of service and parts.. So the Knight would get the nod simply because of that. I am sure the Tominator would do just fine as well.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:29 PM
Fork Horn

I own the Optima Pro, but I bought it because I could get the 50 cal + 12 ga barrel for $340. If you don't need the rifle barrels - just shotgun, then it's between the White and Knight. When I was researching, I found a great website from a guy who owned both. He said he liked both, but used his White the most - something about the Knight safety digging into his hand under recoil. He said his White shot great and handled real good. But as Cayugad said - they're out of business. Also, I looked at that White manual, and the max load was 1-1/2oz shot, whereas I believe the Knight is 2oz? Something to think about.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:40 PM
Fork Horn

I am down to the Knight TK-2000 and the Traditions Pursuit Pro 12ga. And between the two I am really leaning toward the Traditions Pursuit Pro 12ga. I have actually added each to my cart on a couple of websitesseveral times and decided to wait and do just a little more research.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

The Encore or the System one [if you can find one] are good choices other than that I would be inclined toward something I could get other barrels for, most of the name brands are decant chek the trigger a lot of them have rough triggers. Lee
Old 01-31-2007, 06:06 AM

I was not aware that White went out of business. When did that happen?
I knew that Austin & Halleck did. The White website doesn't say
anything about it.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:47 AM

I have the TK 2000 and I love it. It does have some recoil using 100 + gr but u don't need but 80 - 90 gr. I just got mine a couple of weeks ago but I have several friend who have taken a lot of turkey. All 3 of them have several ML shotguns. Maybe u can find someone local and shoot one. The pattern at 30 40 yds is impressive with the TK. The TK choke was designed with turkey in mind. Our gun club had a turkey shoot thanksgiving and a 70 year old dude with a TK put more shot in the 12 x 12 card then anyone all day long.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:47 AM
Fork Horn

Well after re-reading the posts from the people on here and reading a few more articles I went back to the TK-2000. I ordered it from Cabelas- $389.99 for all camo with thumbhole stock. I also ordered some shot cups/wads and #4 shot. It all should be here next week....I AM EXCITED!!!

Thank you all for all your advice.

I don't know how Cabelas does it on their shipping. I have a gun, 7lbs of shot, and 40 shotcups/wads coming for only $13 shipping!

Quick Reply: Advice on turkey gun please

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.