Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Butch's Bore Shine? >

Butch's Bore Shine?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Butch's Bore Shine?

Old 01-29-2007, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Butch's Bore Shine?

With my new Trade Rifle, Lyman sent me a bottle of Butch's Bore Shine.
I know it's made by Lyman, or at least marketed by them.
Anyone use it?
What's the scoop on it, good as anything else or are there any problems associated with it?

Old 01-29-2007, 03:43 PM

Default RE: Butch's Bore Shine?

I have used Butches Bore Shine for years in my CF rifles. The results were good. For some reason I associate it with the removal of copper fouling. I have used it after running some JB thru my ML and it cleans it pretty good.
Old 01-29-2007, 03:47 PM
Fork Horn

I got mine the same way. I've been using it for two years now without any problems. Seems to work just fine for me. I alwayscoat the barrel with Balistol before puting it away and haven't had a bit of rust yet.
Old 01-29-2007, 03:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: oldwun

I have used Butches Bore Shine for years in my CF rifles. The results were good. For some reason I associate it with the removal of copper fouling. I have used it after running some JB thru my ML and it cleans it pretty good.
JB ?
Old 01-29-2007, 04:13 PM

I think he is referring to JB Bore Paste. It works very good at cleaning garbage out of gun barrels.
Old 01-29-2007, 04:38 PM
Dominant Buck

Butch's Bore Shine is a great product. It will really take the fowling out of a barrel excellent. J-B Bore Paste is a cleaner to remove copper, lead, plastic, and any other fowling that might accumulate in the barrel. It will also take light rust off in the bore and leave it a nice shine. Be sure and put a good oil down the bore after using it because you have removed any seasoning that was in there. In fact they say to put the Bore paste into a bore, after you oil it first.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:34 PM

Hey Dave, when are you gonna write a book? I bet you'd give Sam Fadala a run for his money!
Old 01-29-2007, 10:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll second that. I've got the 4th edition and some of the stuff I've learned here ain't in there.
Old 01-30-2007, 04:39 AM
Typical Buck

I found BBS is o.k. but be carefull with the stock finish I had some spill on the stock seem to want to lift the finish in a small streak mark
Old 01-30-2007, 11:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

cayugad

Dave! you used the wrong word - I find that hard to believe - I agree but with you I did not think you would ever say it....

because you have removed any seasoning that was in there.

Quick Reply: Butch's Bore Shine?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.