Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Do you have a favorite scope ?? >

Do you have a favorite scope ??

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Do you have a favorite scope ??

Old 01-10-2007, 11:13 AM
Fork Horn

Default Do you have a favorite scope ??

I have been debating whether or not to put a scope on my new muzzleloader. I have always bowhunted and then used my shotgun and then muzzleloader. Do you think I should put a scope on my muzzleloader and use it for shotgun season ?
Old 01-10-2007, 11:18 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Do you have a favorite scope ??

I sure would. The extended range of a muzzleloader and knockdown poweris a real benifit. With the scope you can shoot very accurate and place that shot taking game (with practice) out to 150 yards or better. My favorite scope is the Nikon Pro Sport in 2-7x32mm. All you would need for a muzzleloader or shotgun.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:54 AM

My favorite is Burris, 3x9 fullfield ll ballistic plex on my encore ml, 4x16 black diamond on my varmint rig. Made in the USA, lifetime warranty, I've been accused of being able tobust crowbars in sand piles, I'venever had aproblem of any kind.Not sure whenI got my first Burris but it has to be close to20+ yrs of trouble free service. jmo
Old 01-10-2007, 02:02 PM
Fork Horn

Not much experience here, but I am more than happy with my Nikon ProStaff 3x-9x 40mm. It really sucks up the light. And with the 9x zoom it lets you use it for a nice spotting scope while on the range or hunting. It has a lifetime warranty and I paid $150 at Bass Pro.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:12 PM

Hell Yes! The current generation of In-Line ML's are far superior to any slug lobbing shotgun IMHO. You have the benefit of greater accuracy, extended range and superior terminal ballistics. No Contest!

Any quality scope from 2x on up to 9x should work nicely.I would ssay a 2x-7x variable would be about perfect. I get it done on My Omega with a trusty old fixed 4x Redfield Widefield that I've had for 25 years.This year I think I'll put a good 2x-7x on it to replace the Redfield.

s6
Old 01-10-2007, 02:22 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: bdog2003

I have been debating whether or not to put a scope on my new muzzleloader. I have always bowhunter and then used my shotgun and then muzzleloader. Do you think I should put a scope on my muzzleloader and use it for shotgun season ?
Definitely! A leupold Rifleman 3-9X40 Shotgun/Muzzleloader Scope.
Old 01-10-2007, 04:17 PM
Spike

3x9 Burris Signature, Posi-loc is on my Ruger .270. On my Ruger #1, 220 Swift I have a Leopold M-8 12 power with a dot reticle. 3x9 Tasco World Class on both my .45 and .50 Hunterbolt Magnums. Never a problem with any of these in all the years I've used them. I've shot .5 and smaller groups with the Tasco when it was on my .270 and 338 Win Mag.
Old 01-11-2007, 05:15 PM

I have a Burris 1.5-4 posi-lock 0n my Ruger 44 and a nikon 3-9 Buckmaster on my pro hunter.Luv them both.
Old 01-11-2007, 05:58 PM

Zeiss Conquest 3X9 is what you'll find on my Encore.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

bdog2003

I have been debating whether or not to put a scope on my new muzzleloader.
Easy answer: YES

Do you think I should put a scope on my muzzleloader and use it for shotgun season ?
Easier answer: YES

WARNING - once you do you will never go back to the shotgun...

My favorite scope: Bushnell Elite 3200 -> 3x9x40 with a ballistic reticle. There a little bit of a down side which has not bothered me but bothers some. But if you are a shotgun shooter it should bather you either - RECOIL -> on 9 power the eye relief is stated to be 3.3 inches, personally I beleive it is greater than that, but I have been shooting scopes so long and heavy recoil guns - I am not aware of the recoil of my ML - it is mild compared to the 300 win mag or even a 3 1/2 Turkey load from a shotgun - everything is mild as compared to a turkey load.

Bushnell 323944B

http://www.scopesnmore.com/riflescopes4less/bushnell_elite_rifle_scopes.htm

Quick Reply: Do you have a favorite scope ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.