HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   Cracks in Kodiak Synthetic Stock - Resolved (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/174364-cracks-kodiak-synthetic-stock-resolved.html)

MO Archer 01-09-2007 08:21 AM

Cracks in Kodiak Synthetic Stock - Resolved

I thought I would start a new thread on this topic so everyone could follow the process of me dealing with CVA Customer Service and getting it replaced. The gun is a CVA Kodiak MagnumBlue/Mossy Oak Obsession Synthetic stock. The gun was bought on 23 Dec 06. It has been to the range two times and had less than 20 rounds fired through it. Thefractures were dicovered on 8 Jan 07 at 9:30pm. Here are pictures of what I found-

MO Archer 01-09-2007 08:29 AM

RE: Cracks in Kodiak Synthetic Stock

I called CVA Customer Service (770-449-4687) on 9 Jan 07at 8:55am. I was on hold for 5 minutes before I spoke to Eric. I told him of my problem and he sounded pretty shocked. He asked me how I found them, how many there were, where they were, how many rounds I have fired,and if I mounted a tripid/bipod. I answered the questions and he told me that he would be sending me a shipping label so I could return it at no cost to me. I asked him how long he thought this process would take before I received my new stock and told me approx. 3 weeks. I asked him if there was any way he could send me a stock out right away and then I would return this one. He agreed and said a stock would be shipped out on 10 Jan 07.

cayugad 01-09-2007 10:35 AM

Keep us posted. By the way, what kind of powder charges and projectiles were you shooting? Also if you checked the stock prior to shooting, did you notice anything different? How was the accuracy of the rifle? Sorry to hear of trouble like this with a new rifle. I am sure you will be happy with the replacement stock...

Pglasgow 01-09-2007 11:15 AM

ORIGINAL: MO Archer

I called CVA Customer Service (770-449-4687) on 9 Jan 07at 8:55am. I was on hold for 5 minutes before I spoke to Eric. I told him of my problem and he sounded pretty shocked. He asked me how I found them, how many there were, where they were, how many rounds I have fired,and if I mounted a tripid/bipod. I answered the questions and he told me that he would be sending me a shipping label so I could return it at no cost to me. I asked him how long he thought this process would take before I received my new stock and told me approx. 3 weeks. I asked him if there was any way he could send me a stock out right away and then I would return this one. He agreed and said a stock would be shipped out on 10 Jan 07.
That's downright awesome. Better than I would have ever expected actually. Keep us updated.

MO Archer 01-09-2007 02:20 PM

ORIGINAL: cayugad

Keep us posted. By the way, what kind of powder charges and projectiles were you shooting? Also if you checked the stock prior to shooting, did you notice anything different? How was the accuracy of the rifle? Sorry to hear of trouble like this with a new rifle. I am sure you will be happy with the replacement stock...
I didn't take the stock off before I shot it. This was taken off last night for a photo op for some of the other guys to compare the Kodiak and Omega stocks. I shot 100gr T7 pellets and 250gr Shockwaves. I will let you guys know if/how things changes with the new stock. It shot very accurately at 50 and 75 yrds with open sights. Even with the cracks in the stock it didn't flex any at all.

outdoorslover 01-09-2007 06:47 PM

That sounds ridiculous. How could that happen? Hope itgoes well. You should have gotten the Omega:D[8D]jk

frontier gander 01-09-2007 06:51 PM

omegas are having the same issue outdoorslover. sabotloader had his stock on his omega crack around the lugs. Have you taken yours out of the stock yet? Just figured i'd ask, i know i went and checked mine lol.

MO Archer 01-09-2007 07:00 PM

ORIGINAL: outdoorslover

That sounds ridiculous. How could that happen? Hope itgoes well. You should have gotten the Omega:D[8D]jk
I have an Omega.

outdoorslover 01-09-2007 09:00 PM

Of course I've taken mine off of the stock. Probably 20 times. My comment was purely humorous--apparently not to you though.

MO Archer 01-19-2007 08:51 AM

It has been 10 days since the stock wasgoingto ship out and I still have not received it. I called CVA Customer Service (770-449-4687) on 19 Jan 07at 9:15am. I spokewith Eric and asked him if he had any shipping information on the stock. He informed me that it is scheduled for delivery on Monday, January 22, 2007. I asked him why it was taking so long to arrive and he told me he wasn't sure. I left it at that and hopefully I get it on Monday. I will post an update when it arrives. Hopefully the extended delivery time is just because of the weather everyone has been having.