Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 I'm snowed out . . . >

I'm snowed out . . .

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

I'm snowed out . . .

Old 01-07-2007, 10:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default I'm snowed out . . .

. . . of my shooting range. They've got the gate up. I kinda figured they would but I just had to try. My scope got put on backorder till Feb 15, so I ordered it elsewhere. I just couldn't stand it and installed on my Kodiak Pro a cheap Simmons 3X9X32 which was on my 22 mag. Definitely won't stay there but I just got sick of just looking at her and thought I'd take her out for a date at the range.

Next weekend is gonna be more snow. So I'm not sure when she'll get a range test. Maybe a few weeks, who knows? Maybe a couple of months if the snows continue. Not complaining really, we need the snow and need it bad, but I want to go shooting somuch I can hardly stand it.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:17 AM

Default RE: I'm snowed out . . .

I got the same problem. We have had major winter storms the past three consecutive Fridays - another coming this week for Thursday and Friday. Big winds have drifted things shut as fast as they can be plowed out. I'm sure this is just business as usualin Cayugad's neck of the woods; but here in Southern Colorado is it's turning out to be a winter to tell your grandchildren about.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:24 AM
Typical Buck

send some towards indiana we need some bad
Old 01-07-2007, 11:29 AM
Dominant Buck

It's snowing today here, but I have already been out for 20 shots. My range was open and the owner even brought coffee... I never realized people had in some cases so much trouble finding a place to shoot. I was talking to a fellow on another forum and they have to make reservations for range time[:@]. Some of us do not understand just how lucky we are.

I hope your range opens soon and your scope holds true and gives nothing but 10 rings...
Old 01-07-2007, 12:15 PM
Dominant Buck

OH man, I have had a 200 yd range on 40 acres for over 39yrs and 4yrs ago the county sent me a Cease Fire Order. They have developed tomany subdivisions around me.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:23 PM
Dominant Buck

My friendhad the same kind of situation happen to him. He lived outside the city limits about three miles. Then as the city grew outward, they decided that his firing range was disturbing the people who had moved further out. So the county issues a cease and desist order on him for no further shooting of rifles on his property.
Old 01-07-2007, 01:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

I sure hope I don't end up with that cease and desist problem my hunting property is only 3 miles from the city limit and theres to subdivisions on one side of me.I do a lot of my shooting at the countygun club which is just out side the city limitsand the tourests are everywhere they are everywhere and now the retireies are moving in. Lee
Old 01-07-2007, 02:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thank goodness my neighbor is a county Sheriff. We shoot together. Can they really shut you down? Thank goodness I am in WV. We do not have problems like that around here. I hope it never comes in my life time. You guys need to move. I just sold 65 acres, you should have called me. Tom.
Old 01-07-2007, 05:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Several sportsman clubs in this area have had to battle in court to keep their ranges and sporting clays courses open. Two have won because they were able to show they had been around for upteen years.
Is like the people who buy next to a working farm then complain because the cows bellow and the manure stinks.
If ya buy next to a gun club, expect noise, loud noises. If you buy next to a farm expect to smell manure.

But really here they would have to close the area to gun hunting to stop all the shooting ranges on private property.

Al
[/align]
Old 01-07-2007, 07:08 PM

No snow here. Best of luck with the gun and the range. Let us know when you shoot it!

Quick Reply: I'm snowed out . . .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.