Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 My other blackpowder. Kinda big to shoulder >

My other blackpowder. Kinda big to shoulder

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

My other blackpowder. Kinda big to shoulder

Old 01-05-2007, 02:14 PM

Default My other blackpowder. Kinda big to shoulder

I forget what the bore measured out to but i think it was 30mm. My brother and i built this many many years ago and some time later a neighbor gave us a non working log splitter and we stripped it and started building off its frame. Dont make fun of the gold rims, You gotta have some bling bling right dawg?lmao.
Its a real fun shooter and will send a glow stick a good 200 yards. Valve springs and lifters also shoot nicely. Loads with 325 grains pyrodex RS, patched wooden plug and whatever else u want to add above the plug, we also have a jack that allows us to adjust for longer range now...............

Old 01-05-2007, 02:18 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: My other blackpowder. Kinda big to shoulder

Pretty cool.. I have seen them built before like that.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:29 PM

What're you waiting for? Send something thorugh the car door!
Old 01-05-2007, 02:57 PM
Fork Horn

How do I get one? It looks like my next deer rifle.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

So is the the FGA30.0 (frontier gander azzkicker 30.0) model? Looks very cool. What kind ignition source are you using?
Old 01-05-2007, 04:05 PM

we drilled and tapped it for a 6-1mm #11 nipple but im going to put my musket nipple on it the next time we shoot it, the #11's are to small and often dropped at night when we are loading it. Just keep in mind the next time u see glow sticks flying over your house, you may have said something to make me mad and im zeroing in on ya . Its really fun to shoot, the biggest flame we got out of it was a blue/purple 12 foot long flame that mushroomed out at the end. Oh another awesome projectile, toilet paper rolled duck taped and stuffed with odd things. Shot also shoots well.
Old 01-05-2007, 04:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: frontier gander

we drilled and tapped it for a 6-1mm #11 nipple but im going to put my musket nipple on it the next time we shoot it, the #11's are to small and often dropped at night when we are loading it. Just keep in mind the next time u see glow sticks flying over your house, you may have said something to make me mad and im zeroing in on ya . Its really fun to shoot, the biggest flame we got out of it was a blue/purple 12 foot long flame that mushroomed out at the end. Oh another awesome projectile, toilet paper rolled duck taped and stuffed with odd things. Shot also shoots well.
Dang, I wanta shoot it . I can see that glowing purple mushroom in my mind right now.
Old 01-05-2007, 04:11 PM

next time we shoot it, i'll take a video of it and post it so everyone can see.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:55 PM

Awesome!!! That sounds like a lot of fun!!!A video would be awesome!
Old 01-06-2007, 07:45 AM
Fork Horn

That thing is friggin' awesome! If you are ever gonna' be in northern Indiana around early October let me know. All the local churches get together and we have a Law Enforcement Officers Appreciation Day, cops love things that make a big boom!

p.s. Are ther any plans for cannon building on the internet, or is it constrained to just nuclear?

Quick Reply: My other blackpowder. Kinda big to shoulder

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.